Notices

Thread: Anyone renewed a photocard licence?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Anyone renewed a photocard licence? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    Best way is to do it online.
    But as stated already you can NOT do it online if your passport is over 5 years old, so this isn't an option for over half of us.

I took a copy (which enabled me to check it when it got back).
    I also rang up the DVLA beforehand to check that they had my motorcycle entitlement on their database. This means even if my licence was lost in the post that it would still be on their database (their telehphone systems is a nightmare though, keeps putting you through endless menus).

If your passport is over 5 years old you have no option but to send it off whether directly yourself or via the post office.
    Do you jump down everyones throat???

Fine. IF your passports over 5 years old you can't do it online.

However, if you take a copy of you lisence and find a mistake, you are just as screwed. The only way to prevent this is to get your local DVLA office to take a copy.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Anyone renewed a photocard licence? 
    Platinum Member
    Do you jump down everyones throat???
    I am really sorry if you've taken that the wrong way or at least not as it was intended.
    I just wanted people to have the correct information.

I agree with you that there are problems in the process, but I'm personally not willing to take a day's leave or lose a day's income to travel (and I haven't seen that offered as an option so I would question whether it's possible to do it that way).
    There is therefore no option available but to send it off (whether via the PO or direct).
    Checking the DVLA database was sufficiently re-asssuring for me. The chances of them printing something not on their database is possible but small (the problem before was that the database was incorrect).

If you can do it on-line then that's great, but it doesn't apply to over half of drivers/riders - that's all I was pointing out.