Notices

Thread: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    heard someone went on the offer of £1000 for their bike, travelled 50 miles there .. were kept waiting for an hour then offered £600 on the basis you had had enough and would take anything just to get out of there.
    ebay is a big market place which governs most prices or call in the local bike shop ask them to sell on your behalf agree a commission agreeable to you or if small enough ask them if they know anyone looking for a ....

2. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Take a very wide berth and stay away.

They are the same as webuyanycar.com. We got a price on our car a few years ago and ended up getting more for the scap metal value than their offer.

When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

3. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Crosbie link=1361483145/6#6 date=1361528050]
    Think these kind of companys are fine to use if your vehicle is on its last legs and you dont wish it on some other poor bugger.
    Is that not what they do - sell it on to some unsuspecting poor bugger? ;D[/quote]
    Ah yes, but i dint sell it to that poor bugger so dont feel guilty

4. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    [quote author=Crosbie link=1361483145/6#6 date=1361528050]
    My 02plate mondeo was on its last legs - diesel injectors had been cleaned but were still failing on a regular basis, sparkplugs were pretty much welded in quote]

Glow plugs for cold starts
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1361483145/8#8 date=1361528599][quote author=Crosbie link=1361483145/6#6 date=1361528050]
    Think these kind of companys are fine to use if your vehicle is on its last legs and you dont wish it on some other poor bugger.
    Is that not what they do - sell it on to some unsuspecting poor bugger? ;D[/quote]
    Ah yes, but i dint sell it to that poor bugger so dont feel guilty [/quote]

Ah yes, but ‘we buy any car/bike.com’ could also avoid a guilt trip by saying that they didn’t know the car/bike was on its “last legs” and they bought it in good faith.

6. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Chap I worked with had a Ford Galaxy Automatic and the reverse gear went.

We buy any car quoted a price and honoured even when he told the salesman about the problem.
    He said it was not his worry.

I have just got a quote for my car from them as a guide price. Presently offering me £200 over PX book price.
    I cannot sell my car to them because it has a personal plate.

A week went past and a new quote arrived after I never sold it to them. They are offering me a 100 quid more for it now.

7. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Platinum Member
    Ah yes, but ‘we buy any car/bike.com’ could also avoid a guilt trip by saying that they didn’t know the car/bike was on its “last legs” and they bought it in good faith.
    They cannot avoid statutory laws.
    If they are selling as a trader then they have to obey the Sales of Goods Act. Problem is that most people are not well acquinted with the law, so in practice they may well get away with fobbing people off.

But in law "we didn't know it was sold to us like that" is not an adequate defence for a trader.

BTW - if you buy privately it's an entirely different matter - basically "sold as seen".

8. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Update on my post above. I spoke to my mate at work this morning.

Turns out the chap at the (Melksham) "we buy any car" looked at his Galaxy, started it to hear it run then offered half of the online quote after pointing out all sorts of problems.

You say "NO" as you would.. >

Chap then gets on phone to boss (do people still use that trick) and comes back with an offer 200 quid below the price he was quoted.

With a £1000 gear box repair required he snapped their hand off.

9. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    They cannot avoid statutory laws.
    If they are selling as a trader then they have to obey the Sales of Goods Act. Problem is that most people are not well acquinted with the law, so in practice they may well get away with fobbing people off.

But in law "we didn't know it was sold to us like that" is not an adequate defence for a trader.

BTW - if you buy privately it's an entirely different matter - basically "sold as seen".

"They cannot avoid statutory laws."????

What, you mean like the food industry or the banking sector???? :-?

We can all sleep comfortably in our beds in the knowledge that trading standards officers are policing the auto industry effectively and protecting the consumers with vigilance. :-?
    (Are there any still employed after the LA austerity cuts?)

That is if we are not being kept awake suffering from indigestion caused by eating too much horsemeat. :P ;D

10. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Platinum Member
    What, you mean like the food industry or the banking sector????

I agree there is no guarantee that companies will keep to the law, but you definitely can get recompense via the courts if/when they act illegally for example in an individual car sale.
    Of course you have to fight for it yourself or buy some legal insurance which I agree is not morally right, but yes you can take them to court and win if they are not acting in accordance with the law.

It's not a perfect world we live in but the court system does work fairly well in those kind of consumer cases.