Notices

Thread: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    As the title says any one used this type of service?
    I am selling my bike and wondered if they are worth a call?
    I am in no hurry to sell be if it is a clean, easy and fair route I am tempted to give them a try.

2. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Don't be surprised when they insult you with an offer way below book price...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    I got chatting to a chap outside tesco the other day who was on a very clean and standard 2011 R1 with about 4.5k on the clock. He said that he had called them and they offered him £5k for it, a quick search on ebay and bike trader suggests that the bike is worth around £8k. I'm sure you can guess what he told them to do...
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

4. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by t1pper
    As the title says any one used this type of service?
    I am selling my bike and wondered if they are worth a call?
    I am in no hurry to sell be if it is a clean, easy and fair route I am tempted to give them a try.
    I've never used them but got a valuation for a bike I sold recently purely out of interest after seeing them advertise on TV one night. I know they are in business but the offer just ridiculous.

As you aren't in a hurry stick it on Ebay on a classified ad with offers invited, and set it to automatically reject stupid offers. In that way you limit the amount of time wasters and stand a reasonable chance of getting a fair/good price for your bike.

5. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    I rang them for a laugh when I sold the Bonnie & sidecar and they insulted me with an offer of £1500. Stay well away, put it on e-bay or free ad on Trade-it

6. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Diamond Member
    Not surprising that they'd offer you a worse than bottom price. Stay well clear. Does anyone know where they sell the bikes/cars they buy.

7. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    not used we buy any bike but did use we buy any car.

All i can say is they thought they were getting a steal from me - i think i was the one that won that day ;D

My 02plate mondeo was on its last legs - diesel injectors had been cleaned but were still failing on a regular basis, spark plugs were pretty much welded in, there was oil sat on top of the engine (beneath the cover), buggered alloy so the spare wheel was on yada yada yada. 140K on the clock and they gave me £700 prety much.

Personally i was very happy with the deal - the numpty who made the offer didnt even pop the bonnet. just reved it, turned the steering wheel and said yea seems fine to me. :-X

Think these kind of companys are fine to use if your vehicle is on its last legs and you dont wish it on some other poor bugger.

8. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixxerStu
    Not surprising that they'd offer you a worse than bottom price. Stay well clear. Does anyone know where they sell the bikes/cars they buy.
    Don't know about bikes but someone I know sold a car through We Buy Any Car. They got the valuation online and then had to take the car to a local second hand car dealer who I assume subscribes to the service and they knocked the price down even further before handing over the cash. I assume the company just takes a commission on the sale but don't know for sure.

9. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosbie
    Think these kind of companys are fine to use if your vehicle is on its last legs and you dont wish it on some other poor bugger.
    Is that not what they do - sell it on to some unsuspecting poor bugger? ;D

10. Re: Anyone used the we buy any bike .com service?? 
    Well I asked them for a price, they advised me that a 6 month old bike with 1700 miles, is now worth not far of half new price! OUCH