Notices

Thread: Lidls got bike gear again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    great news will have to trip up to one and have a look.
    If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.

2. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    The waterproof over trousers and jacket are just that – I can’t fault them. That said I bought the waterproofs a few years ago so they may have changed – worth a look though.
    Can't see jacket and trousers on the web page, I've had some lidl trousers for about 5 years which I use as over trousers when I ride to work and they need to be replaced

3. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    Thanks Nicky. The kidney belt is excellent value for money – I have two as I use one for a bit of extra back support at work.
    Is that because you've got a 'bit of extra back'? Try cutting down on the burgers Ken ;D

4. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    10 march aldi also has bike gear offers.. http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...?WT.z_src=main

ride to work,work to live,live to ride

5. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly
    But they do come equipped with nay-sliders!
    Don't give up your day job...... : ;D
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

6. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobf279
    [quote author=monday21 link=1361811817/9#9 date=1361818731]
    The waterproof over trousers and jacket are just that – I can’t fault them. That said I bought the waterproofs a few years ago so they may have changed – worth a look though.
    Can't see jacket and trousers on the web page, I've had some lidl trousers for about 5 years which I use as over trousers when I ride to work and they need to be replaced[/quote]

Ye sorry Bob, I just looked at their promotional brochure and the waterproofs don’t appear to be listed.

Thanks for the reminder Dan (WB) I have put a bit of beef (horse) on since giving up the ciggies.

7. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    Have used base layers from both Aldi & Lidl and, for the money, excellent.
    Tried the flip front helmet from Lidl once as was thinking of going this route and thought better to try for £30 than invest £300+ and not be able to get used to it. On my experience I definitely wouldn't recommend the helmets, even though I only wanted it to try out I didn't feel confident in it even when pootling a few mies, noisy, ill fitting & cheaply made.
    Served it's purpose though as put me off flip fronts for life ;D
    Keep an eye out for security chains and padlocks, great value for money for heavy duty kit, ideal for garage duties and links big enough to take other padlocks if you're not confident in the Lidl/Aldi ones they come with.

8. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    Platinum Member
    I bought the flip up helmet from lidl last year as a cheap 2nd helmet for work use etc, and apart from some extra wind noise, the helmet is very good, not heavy, easy to use and the flip down sun glasses are great.

9. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    Quote Originally Posted by crewy
    I bought the flip up helmet from lidl last year as a cheap 2nd helmet for work use etc, and apart from some extra wind noise, the helmet is very good, not heavy, easy to use and the flip down sun glasses are great.
    Have to agree with the flip down tinted visor, trying the Lidl hat out made this feature a must on the helmet I did go for. Pleased to hear it worked for you, I have a BMW riding mate who rides 365 days year 40K+ miles and he bought one for his second (third?) choice helmet and still occasionally uses it as his 'ride to work' helmet.

10. Re: Lidls got bike gear again 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdxgsxmt
    [quote author=crewy link=1361811817/17#17 date=1361878499]I bought the flip up helmet from lidl last year as a cheap 2nd helmet for work use etc, and apart from some extra wind noise, the helmet is very good, not heavy, easy to use and the flip down sun glasses are great.
    Have to agree with the flip down tinted visor, trying the Lidl hat out made this feature a must on the helmet I did go for. Pleased to hear it worked for you, I have a BMW riding mate who rides 365 days year 40K+ miles and he bought one for his second (third?) choice helmet and still occasionally uses it as his 'ride to work' helmet.[/quote]

I find the internal sunvisors a great help to me not least becasue I wear glasses so don't need to carry two different types around with me all day. I've had once since buying my Schuberth S1 6 years ago and now thats up for replacement I'm looking at an S2 or one of the new Shoei GT Air helmets. The sun visors are a must have for me.