Notices

Thread: Helmet decorations

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Helmet decorations 
    Took a pleasant 70 mile 'pootle' around the New Forest this morning taking in Keyhaven and Mudford Quay. Early on it was pretty quiet but very busy by lunchtime, the sun brings plenty out in the Forest.
    Not many bikes (powered ones), I guess still a bit chilly for most, did pull up behind a group of cruisers at a junction and their headgear prompts me to put a questions out there;
    where do you stand on decorating helmets with fluffy ears and stick-on mohican haircuts?
    Looks bloody silly to my mind but perhaps I've just had a 'sense of fun' bypass ;D

2. Re: Helmet decorations 
    Diamond Member
    There's an area of hell sectioned off for people that wear them

3. Re: Helmet decorations 
    Oh Christ, I sure hope Loops doesn't see this, she's got fluffy ears on her Caberg
    Personally, I think they look fun not sure if they damage the helmet or not though given that they recommend you don't put stickers on them anyway :-?
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

4. Re: Helmet decorations 
    I like mine ;D but then I am a bit strange!

Anything that makes people look twice... 8-)

Tina - No damage as they are held on with plastic suckers.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

5. Re: Helmet decorations 
    Trev,
    Mohawks and fluffy ears are minor in these 'ere parts.

Star owns a rather 'loud' helmet cover that looks like animal from the muppets.
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

http://tbex.co.uk/

6. Re: Helmet decorations 
    No not ever in any way shape or form.

7. Re: Helmet decorations 
    I personally think they are ace !!!

People are so quick to judge bikers as hard evil violent nasty sorts but when they see those funny attachments it shows a human, fun side. Kids love them and there is nothing better than going on a group ride and having kids waving as you ride through a town etc.

Sorry but I reckon they are fab and a brilliant non verbal way of saying we are fun people.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. Re: Helmet decorations 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina
    I personally think they are ace !!!

People are so quick to judge bikers as hard evil violent nasty sorts but when they see those funny attachments it shows a human, fun side. Kids love them and there is nothing better than going on a group ride and having kids waving as you ride through a town etc.

Sorry but I reckon they are fab and a brilliant non verbal way of saying we are fun people.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Hi Beamer, good to hear you enjoy them, each to their own and just 'cos not for me then doesn't mean everyone else is wrong.
    Not sure about your view that bikers are judged as hard, evil, violent, nasty sorts though, might be the myth some try to buy into but I think way off the mark nowadays.
    Pain in the *rs*, noisy show offs, even highly skilled road users but definitely not 'bad boys' (or girls). Unless of course you're talking about the council estate mx-ers ;D

9. Re: Helmet decorations 
    No way would you see me with one on my helmet.

10. Re: Helmet decorations 
    If you have to try and tell people that you are fun, you're not fun......you're an annoying arsehole.