Notices

Thread: Busted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Busted 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    Did you try explaining that you pay their wages and that they should be catching real criminals or beating up handcuffed women or murdering newspaper vendors?
    I'm sure once this was pointed out they would send you on your way with cheerie smile and a wink.
    I find the same approach works well on surly doormen and doctors receptionists too.
    Yeah,...... what is it with DR's receptionists!

2. Re: Busted 
    Got my stock of new extra large number plates which I will be distributing for free around the byways of Wiltshire over the coming months!

What is the fine for not having a number plate at all? Is it better to ride without one or to carry a small reserve one in your pocket?

This is of course in the event that the full size one meets its maker and not as the default course of action before anyone tells me off

3. Re: Busted 
    Quote Originally Posted by moohatchi
    Got my stock of new extra large number plates which I will be distributing for free around the byways of Wiltshire over the coming months!

What is the fine for not having a number plate at all? Is it better to ride without one or to carry a small reserve one in your pocket?

This is of course in the event that the full size one meets its maker and not as the default course of action before anyone tells me off
    It's the same offence.
    Like having no tax or having tax and not displaying it.

4. Re: Busted 
    Yippee, got a nice letter from the Polis this morning saying the penalty had been cancelled as "the wrong type of ticket was issued for the offence". It seems the Sun was really shining that day

And yes I do now have a full sized plate on my off road motorcycle - lesson learned.

5. Re: Busted 
    Banned
    Excellent [smiley=thumbup.gif]

6. Re: Busted 
    Nice 1 moo
    I never get letters like that , just ones with photographs of me caught in action ;D

7. Re: Busted 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbok4
    Nice 1 moo
    I never get letters like that , just ones with photographs of me caught in action ;D
    Tog hill? ;D

8. Re: Busted 
    Platinum Member
    Result Moo - Don't you just love 'admin errors'.

9. Re: Busted 
    used to be able to put sticker types on the rear mud guards of my cr500 like to see anyone attach a plate any other way, keeps them out of the way and you legal...... simples,

10. Re: Busted 
    A sticker on the rear mudguard of an off-roader won't meet the criteria for a full-sized number plate, which is what Moo was busted for in the first place. Got any other suggestions? :-?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen