Notices

Thread: Busted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Busted 
    Just been busted on Salisbury Plain after about 30 seconds offroad part of a big clampdown on illegal riding on the plain, never seen so many police and wardens, backed up by the Army. New head
    bearings, sunny day, tasty brunch in Amesbury and some nice lanes soon cheered me up though

If anyone is thinking of going, keep it legal.

There always used to be an exemption for motorcycles that were "designed or adapted for primary off road use" does anyone know if this is still true? This is primarily for information as the advice seems to be to pay up and not to engage in an argument over the issue.

2. Re: Busted 
    How busted?

3. Re: Busted 
    Oops edited the important bit out!! Small number plate, everything else legal! £30 fine Same as you would get for a small plate on the road.

4. Re: Busted 
    I was out on the plain on Sunday walking the dogs and thought their was a lot of activity going on. Wardens everywhere.

Mind you one bike near Earlstoke was so damn loud they could probably hear it in Salisbury.

5. Re: Busted 
    Diamond Member
    Hmmm starting a collection for their Summer Party : ;D
    Unlucky Moo hope id didn't spoil your day

6. Re: Busted 
    You have to be on the legal byways that are open to all traffic or if restricted byways PTW's must be allowed. Regarding the bike you have to be street legal, simples

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Busted 
    Yeah, but a small plate on an (otherwise legal) off-roader on the Plain for heaven's sake! After any half decent bit of off-roading a number plate is totally illegible, no matter how large or small it is, and if it started off as a full-size jobby it's likely to end up smaller in one way or another due to breaking following contact with the ground, a tree, or some other solid object. I shall have to peruse the pages of TBM to see if I can find anyone who makes full-sized bendy plates :
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: Busted 
    Was gonna say - its all very well insisting on full sized plates but I know from experience that they snap for a pastime
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: Busted 
    quite agree street legal. I tried to get my XVS off roading and got stuck was a complete blonde moment! ;D

Salisbury plain isnt a good place to go off roading on a cruiser...

10. Re: Busted 
    Did you try explaining that you pay their wages and that they should be catching real criminals or beating up handcuffed women or murdering newspaper vendors?
    I'm sure once this was pointed out they would send you on your way with cheerie smile and a wink.
    I find the same approach works well on surly doormen and doctors receptionists too.