Notices

Thread: Bog Island MC Park Bath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    Just a note to say theat the Motorcycle park on Bog Island in Bath is now no longer there.

Despite always being a popular park full of bikes and having dedicated chaining bollards, the coucil have decided to but another (deserted) bus park there.

I don't know where the alternative parking is..... I suspect in a corner of the southgate where you have to pay.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

2. Re: Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    That's rubbish, I guess there's still a tiny area on Queen Square which is fit for about 6 bikes, but that's the other side of town :/
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    Opposite the back of the 'Kid and fiddle' on Saracen street.

4. Re: Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    Lifted the following from http://visitbath.co.uk/travel-and-maps/parking-in-bath

Motorcycle Parking

Please note that parking is only free in designated motorcycle parking bays in the following car parks:
    Charlotte Street (next to the disabled parking bays at the main entrance)
    Avon Street (Avon Street, on the lower level of the multi storey car park)
    Broad Street (Broad Street, adjacent to the pay and display machine)
    Bath Sports & Leisure Centre (on the paved area under the walkway and also in the undercover area on the left hand side)
    Motorcycles not parked in these bays (i.e. parked in normal car parking bays) will be required to purchase a ticket the same as other motor vehicles.

In addition to parking bays, there are secure points at the following locations:
    Portland Place
    Sydenham Buildings
    Westgate Buildings

Hope that helps.
    Dennis

5. Re: Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    I suspect in a corner of the southgate where you have to pay.
    Just spoke to Southgate representative and underground parking is free of charge to motorcycles.

6. Re: Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    The parking area was removed months ago ... more room for bus passengers however they have never been seen in the area where we could park...bloody useless council imbeciles **** balling about again as they have sod all to do apart from tinker about with stuff then cause grief with their dopey alterations >
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

7. Re: Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    I'm curious - if southgate is free for bikes how does the barrier system identify you as a bike and not a car?
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

8. Re: Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    Bog Island parking was removed some time a go. I have parked on the paved area as you come into Bath past the cricket ground & turn left (bump up the curb) before you reach the traffic lights

9. Re: Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis_Sinanan
    Lifted the following from http://visitbath.co.uk/travel-and-maps/parking-in-bath

Motorcycle Parking

Please note that parking is only free in designated motorcycle parking bays in the following car parks:
    Charlotte Street (next to the disabled parking bays at the main entrance)
    Avon Street (Avon Street, on the lower level of the multi storey car park)
    Broad Street (Broad Street, adjacent to the pay and display machine)
    Bath Sports & Leisure Centre (on the paved area under the walkway and also in the undercover area on the left hand side)
    Motorcycles not parked in these bays (i.e. parked in normal car parking bays) will be required to purchase a ticket the same as other motor vehicles.

In addition to parking bays, there are secure points at the following locations:
    Portland Place
    Sydenham Buildings
    Westgate Buildings

Hope that helps.
    Dennis
    Cheers for the info Dennis.
    I've never bought a ticket for my bike and usually just park on the side of the road in the meter areas like Milson St.
    On the ticket machine it used to say free parking for bikes. I think it still does but I'll have a check next time I'm there.

There was a nice little patch of new tarmac which didn't have yellow lines on it outside the theatre last year but they've painted some lines on it now.

10. Re: Bog Island MC Park Bath 
    I spoke to a pair of traffic wardens when I found out it had gone - they told me I could use an on-street pay and display bay free of charge.

Hopefully that's still the case
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...