Notices

Thread: EU Motorcycle Travel Insurance - Who do you use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: EU Motorcycle Travel Insurance - Who do you use? 
    Platinum Member
    If in doubt contact the broker/insurer and ask (email is good as then you have a record).

I'm pretty good on detail, but it's quite hard sometimes to be confident there is the complete absence of an exclusion in the whole terms and conditions.
    I get an email from my broker - for biking, diving or anything out of the ordinary.

EHIC is not sufficient to rely because then you will exposed for costs to repatriation - for example if you break your leg and need 9 seats plus nurse on the return flight. It's not just the healthcare, it repatriation (which can be costly for medical needs) as well.

But note that many insurers expect you to have EHIC, so that those costs can be reclaimed, so you still need one (and they do expire these days).

2. Re: EU Motorcycle Travel Insurance - Who do you use? 
    I'm going to Phone ACE as on their policy wording it excludes traveling on a motorcycle over 125cc and so does JS Insurance that someone else mentioned - bizarre.

Good prices though!
    '12 NC700X

3. Re: EU Motorcycle Travel Insurance - Who do you use? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    I'm going to Phone ACE as on their policy wording it excludes traveling on a motorcycle over 125cc and so does JS Insurance that someone else mentioned - bizarre.

Good prices though!
    I think you need to speak to JS directly, they used to do 3 bike specific policies (maybe the underwriter they were using is gone?)

4. Re: EU Motorcycle Travel Insurance - Who do you use? 
    Quote Originally Posted by pilninggas
    [quote author=Advrider link=1362748836/11#11 date=1362818689]I'm going to Phone ACE as on their policy wording it excludes traveling on a motorcycle over 125cc and so does JS Insurance that someone else mentioned - bizarre.

Good prices though!
    I think you need to speak to JS directly, they used to do 3 bike specific policies (maybe the underwriter they were using is gone?)[/quote]

Yeah I will do on Monday, will post back once I have! 8-)
    '12 NC700X

5. Re: EU Motorcycle Travel Insurance - Who do you use? 
    Just called ACE Europe up, they said that as the said motorcycle is a form of transport rather than an activity, you will be covered and at £44.94 for a year, can't beat it!

Thanks Ducatista - Great CS too!
    '12 NC700X