Notices

Thread: Biker down

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Biker down 
    :'( :'( poor bike, poor driver
    If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.

2. Re: Biker down 
    Hope for fast recovery for the rider

3. Re: Biker down 
    I had wiltshire times call me yesterday asking for an "expert opinion" on why there were so many bike rtc's happening right now ???? like im an authority on it ?? all I said were very dirty roads, low sun and more bikes coming out after winter , what more could I say ? rather awkward feeling that one, GWS anyhow

4. Re: Biker down 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGoozee
    I had wiltshire times call me yesterday asking for an "expert opinion" on why there were so many bike rtc's happening right now ???? like im an authority on it ?? all I said were very dirty roads, low sun and more bikes coming out after winter , what more could I say ? rather awkward feeling that one, GWS anyhow
    And the state of the patchwork quilt of multiple utilities getting away with absolutely rubbish repairs after digging them up!!!
    When the highways agree to these road works and repairs does anyone actualy go out and inspect the workmanship - the answer must be NO!
    The roadworks in Westbury at the moment are a prime example - and I'm going to something about it Tomorrow! I'm going to phone the council and question their acceptance of **** workmanship!
    Ive never layed Tarmac in my life before but I am certain that I could do a better job than the one on display in Westbury at the moment!!!

5. Re: Biker down 
    Banned
    Our roads are a disgrace and they are only getting worst.
    I've never seen pot holes like we have now, there is no excuse for weather etc, other countries have worst conditions but their roads are in better condition.
    It's simple the British can not make good roads.
    In PNG there were two roads out of my town, one built by the French one built by the Brits. Guess which one was ****.

How many more of us will die because of poor workmanship?

£10.5bn bill to repair Britain’s potholed roads
    http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/...oads-1-5496485

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...m-deepens.html

6. Re: Biker down 
    I hate to rain on anyones parade here, but this guy didn't hit a pothole, he hit a car and a traffic island with a bollard on it (not sure in which order) so not really anything to do with potholes..... :

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Biker down 
    Diamond Member
    Never let the facts spoil a good rant.... ;D ;D ;D

Not since the Romans left...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Never let the facts spoil a good rant.... ;D ;D ;D
    The truth is simply that huge numbers of riders are dragging their bikes out from the garage after a winter on the optimate and not considering that they might be rusty after not riding for month, as well as car drivers who have forgotten to look out for bikes because of the lower numbers of them on the roads over winter. Every spring year after year we see many Biker Down threads, especially over Bank Hol weekends

Don't get me wrong, I hate them as much as anyone, but we can't blame the council, the government, or anyone else - accidents happen
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    The truth is simply that huge numbers of riders are dragging their bikes out from the garage after a winter on the optimate and not considering that they might be rusty after not riding for month, as well as car drivers who have forgotten to look out for bikes because of the lower numbers of them on the roads over winter. Every spring year after year we see many Biker Down threads, especially over Bank Hol weekends

Don't get me wrong, I hate them as much as anyone, but we can't blame the council, the government, or anyone else - accidents happen
    I agree with you DABZ but the council also need to up their game and provide safe roads that have gone to **** over the winter.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.