Notices

Thread: Fair weather riding

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Fair weather riding 
    I currently drive a renault megan thing its about 4 years old 1.5 turbo diesel. on motorway I kid you not 65-70 mpg at between 70-80mph....tax well thats £30 a year.
    around town I average around 40-45 mpg. not bad for a car that was given to me.... ;D
    the triumph (tramp) I lucky if I get 35mpg....
    rain or shine Id rather take the tramp :P

2. Re: Fair weather riding 
    Rabbs fookin nuts for riding in the cold................. we all know he's ginger and ginger people dont have real blood in their veins just orange anti freeze to stop them freezing up on a sunny day ................ hence they never tan just go red, its also the reason why their so sucseptable to the cold and pastie white .................pmsl love ya really mate, ................. I had a massive what I thought was a spot come up on my cheek last week, turns out it was a cold/wind burn due to having to ride in this god awful bloody weather, if you have the option of a car.............. bloody well use it !! why suffer like us and just end up plain resenting the cold commute to work, stay safer and warmer and not having to layer up over and over again,
    as for economy stakes fight over fuel and tax stakes all you like but offset tha against your insurance and tyres I know which option is suddenly more attractive

3. Re: Fair weather riding 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGoozee
    Rabbs fookin nuts for riding in the cold................. we all know he's ginger and ginger people dont have real blood in their veins just orange anti freeze to stop them freezing up on a sunny day ................ hence they never tan just go red, its also the reason why their so sucseptable to the cold and pastie white .................pmsl love ya really mate, ................. I had a massive what I thought was a spot come up on my cheek last week, turns out it was a cold/wind burn due to having to ride in this god awful bloody weather, if you have the option of a car.............. bloody well use it !! why suffer like us and just end up plain resenting the cold commute to work, stay safer and warmer and not having to layer up over and over again,
    as for economy stakes fight over fuel and tax stakes all you like but offset tha against your insurance and tyres I know which option is suddenly more attractive
    Don't you accuse me of being GINGER !!!
    Nothing against it but I am a mousey blonde Gooz - are you colour blind?
    I actually have no option apart from the train (I can't depend on them)
    I used to catch the train to Bath every day and the service was abysmal and expensive - Never again!
    If it's really cold I do use my Keis heated gear - but most of the time good layering and a waterproof suit over the top of your leathers is all that you need.
    Winter riding is not that bad really - and you really appreciate the good weather when it arrives.
    It's a Ying / Yang thing......
    Ps Gooz - made me laugh mate ;-)

4. Re: Fair weather riding 
    Its all that orange anti freeze :-X

5. Re: Fair weather riding 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGoozee
    Its all that orange anti freeze :-X
    As long as it is laced with vodka then that's fine! ;-)

6. Re: Fair weather riding 
    Like it or not fair weather riding's not going to be an option today, hissing down here!

Time to get the step thru out

7. Re: Fair weather riding 
    I was going to go off-roading today but it started snowing at 07:00 and hasn't stopped yet... Bugger that, central heating on, and a day at home instead...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

8. Re: Fair weather riding 
    Platinum Member
    A lot of my customers ride all year round, Debz (The Missus) used to as well before she started working from home and I've had a few years where my bike's been my only transport, it's just part how life's worked out. Very few of my customers would do it if there was a practical alternative though, same with myself and Debz.

But there's always a few that feel the need to boast about what stupidly cold temperatures they will ride in, same with supposedly high mileage riders. It's only attention seeking. The REAL all weather and high mileage bikers just get on with it.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

9. Re: Fair weather riding 
    Sod 'fair weather' - I want it warm or hot ! 8-) 8-)

10. Re: Fair weather riding 
    gonna freeze tonight!!!
    they have gritted through Shaw and even Westlands Lane (never been heard of before ) and Laycock bypass , just doing it at 6pm........
    thats it then gonna rain and wash it away
    must be near end of financial year for the council and have stock left to use.