Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
A lot of my customers ride all year round, Debz (The Missus) used to as well before she started working from home and I've had a few years where my bike's been my only transport, it's just part how life's worked out. Very few of my customers would do it if there was a practical alternative though, same with myself and Debz.

But there's always a few that feel the need to boast about what stupidly cold temperatures they will ride in, same with supposedly high mileage riders. It's only attention seeking. The REAL all weather and high mileage bikers just get on with it.
Agree, I only ride for pleasure but that does include cold and wet weather if I feel so inclined. I don't manage to get enough miles/time on the bike full stop and if I confine it to only dry, sunny days then no chance. I've a few bikes that are 'keepers' (not valuable to anyone apart from me) that I prefer not to subject to rain, salt and the crap our roads can throw at them but a couple of others that I don't mind taking out. Had a great couple of hours today blatting around country lanes, no one around, and negotiating mud, gravel, floods was really challenging and great fun. Quick hose down of the bike (and my textiles) when I got home and ready for the next blast, maybe that will be warm and dry 8-)