Notices

Thread: For anyone riding in France

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: For anyone riding in France 
    ;D must admire this tosh produced by 'those with naff all to do'...

... why bother..it would be an absolute bummer if francodimplod moved his arse fast enough to even get a visual on the pointless stickers on helmet situation....

..half the worlds peasants are starving and destroying the wildlife but the froggies are more interested in bloody helmet stickers

...'Eeet was fortunate ze bikeer 'ad zee reflecteeve stikkeers on iz elmet which elped me miz iz ead but unfortunately I couldn't see ze rest of eeem and sadly squashed eem'.......Francodimplod 'Mais qui mon ami eeet iz very fortunate indeed ..... iz ead iz at least not squashed...au revoir Vive L'Empereur !!!!'
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

2. Re: For anyone riding in France 
    You don't fancy something on your helmet then Col?

3. Re: For anyone riding in France 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Does this mean you cant ride in France if you have a polycarbonate helmet/one which you cant put stickers on?
    I wondered that as well, I've always thought it was a bad idea to put stickers on a helmet.

4. Re: For anyone riding in France 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    [quote author=Nicky link=1363597855/6#6 date=1363872727]Does this mean you cant ride in France if you have a polycarbonate helmet/one which you cant put stickers on?
    I wondered that as well, I've always thought it was a bad idea to put stickers on a helmet.[/quote]

As far as I understand, if you have a poly, I wouldn't bother, I'd rather a 138 euro fine than ruin a safety product for this reason. It's simply unfair and of course your safety is paramount I wonder if you can get a reflective pen as a last resort that wouldn't interfere with the construction, just draw it on with a stencil.

I believe this doesn't apply to fibre glass helmets though, stickers on those will be safe so long as you check the glue used on the sticker paste...

It's stupid! But then it's the French!

I wonder if Nomad would have anything to comment about this as he runs the bike tours in France! 8-)
    '12 NC700X

5. Re: For anyone riding in France 
    Platinum Member
    I think these fears are pretty out of date.

It used to be the case that stickers/solvents etc. would cause problems, but stickers should not be a problem for most modern helmets unless you've bought a really cheap chinese one.

If I had a helmet that I thought would disintegrate from a sticker then I'd be worried about more than not going to France !!

6. Re: For anyone riding in France 
    The glue is acrylic resin that dries in around 48hrs after pressure has been applied to stick it on.

A lot of helmets have acrylic coatings.

I would think there would be a hell of a lot more solvent in spray paint or a marker pen than on the back of a sticker.

7. Re: For anyone riding in France 
    I've 100% covered the painted area of one of my lids in this reflective in preparation of a pre planned trip I've arranged for some euro noobs in June.

My usual helmet just has 4 of these normal ones on which will be used when I pop out to Belgium later.