Notices

Thread: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    Just picked this up from my local MAG site. Here is the post and comment. Sorry - I do not know any more than is written here.

TRL need motorcyclists for trial.
    Just received notice that the Transport Research Laboratory need motorcyclists for a trial at their Wokingham Berkshire test track between 1-4:30pm on Thursday 28th March. There's £40 cash payment for your time. Interested? Contact 01344 770558.

"Just rang them, they want bikers to test a new type of roundabout that they have mocked up on their test track. You would need to be there for the full 3.5 hours but you will get £40 CASH. Money aside, it's nice to see someone actually asking the opinion of bikers on something"

Cheers

2. Re: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    New type of roundabout [seriously :-? ]...jeeezus 90% of the muppets don't use the ones we already got properly

I know..don't tell me...you go round it anticlockwise 8-) ...how brilliant is that ..a la frenchie stylee...didn't they 'invent' these things ?

Transport research lab .... ;D ;D you almost couldn't make it up ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

3. Re: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    Quote Originally Posted by Col
    Transport research lab .... ;D ;D you almost couldn't make it up ;D
    PSML... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    '12 NC700X

4. Re: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    And bikers complain when they are not consulted!!!

5. Re: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty
    And bikers complain when they are not consulted!!!
    Absolutely : :

I hope they get some go along.

6. Re: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    [quote author=Shorty link=1363951760/3#3 date=1363964742]And bikers complain when they are not consulted!!!

[/quote]

I'd be happy to do it if I wasn't working. It is strange how we (bikers as a whole) are reticent to be involved yet quick off the mark to complain

7. Re: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    [quote author=Nicky link=1363951760/4#4 date=1363967280][quote author=Shorty link=1363951760/3#3 date=1363964742]And bikers complain when they are not consulted!!!

[/quote]

I'd be happy to do it if I wasn't working. It is strange how we (bikers as a whole) are reticent to be involved yet quick off the mark to complain [/quote]

Its in our character from birth when you are born in England ;D ;D (BTW yes I'm English born and bred too)

8. Re: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    [quote author=BMWGraeme link=1363951760/5#5 date=1363968663][quote author=Nicky link=1363951760/4#4 date=1363967280][quote author=Shorty link=1363951760/3#3 date=1363964742]And bikers complain when they are not consulted!!!

[/quote]

I'd be happy to do it if I wasn't working. It is strange how we (bikers as a whole) are reticent to be involved yet quick off the mark to complain [/quote]

Its in our character from birth when you are born in England ;D ;D (BTW yes I'm English born and bred too)
    [/quote]

Us Scots are even worse lol. ;D

9. Re: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    Shorty .... which MAG group are you with .???

Just looked on TRL website and couldn't see anything about the trial.
    I'm interested in doing this.

Pity some people have very little constructive to say.
    Ducati Diavel Dark

10. Re: Transport Res. Lab - testing Berkshire, 28th March 
    Did anyone see the piece on telly about a crossroads type junction in the Netherlands. It had traffic lights controling the flow of traffic, bicycles and pedestrians.

There was daily accidents so the traffic people took all the road signs traffic lights out and made the junction a free for all. Over the next few months there was not one accident.

When traffic lights were there the drivers simply reacted to the lights without thinking.
    After removing all the controls the drivers found they had to drive and concentrate on avoiding other vehicles, etc. At a stroke everyone was more attentive, giving way to each other. Result was slower traffic flow but the constant flow mean't no queues.
    Plus there was zero accidents.

Anyone ever benn around the Bridge centre roundabout in Chippenham when the lights break down. Traffic flows a lot better.