Notices

Thread: Can you get obsessed with too much training?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    [quote author=Scotty link=1364232783/26#26 date=1364300906][quote author=Ducatista link=1364232783/25#25 date=1364297401]Not much that can't be acheived with a cracking BJ

Damn it - didn't manage the :-X
    That is a very persuasive weapon in the armoury of the female.... doesn't always work mind you, but it gives pause for thought and can be effective if repeated... [/quote]

: : : :
    [/quote]

Advanced training has never appealed to me before, but if these kinds of activities are taking place I think I’ll give it a go. ;D

2. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=Nicky link=1364232783/29#29 date=1364308099][quote author=Scotty link=1364232783/26#26 date=1364300906][quote author=Ducatista link=1364232783/25#25 date=1364297401]Not much that can't be acheived with a cracking BJ

Damn it - didn't manage the :-X
    That is a very persuasive weapon in the armoury of the female.... doesn't always work mind you, but it gives pause for thought and can be effective if repeated... [/quote]

: : : :
    [/quote]

Advanced training has never appealed to me before, but if these kinds of activities are taking place I think I’ll give it a go. ;D
    [/quote]
    I'm a bit worried that it was Scotty that convinced you though Ken!

3. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    Banned
    Giving a cracking BJ to her boyfriend/husband should be part of every woman's normal routine, not just added in when trying to get her own way

4. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    I totally agree with him, as you ride your bike its important to realise that ite you and your own riding style that will bring a smile to your face, whilst being objective is a fine thing if your to listen all the while to others and adopt their techniques and styles then surely you may as well jump on the back and just let them pillion you around, all the training in the world will only be of any use if you actually get out and ride in your own style and flair, Deep down inside Im sure part of you agrees with him too otherwise we wouldnt be having this debate get on and enjoy, if there are things you feel you need to learn or improve then of course go seek fulfilment, but true enlightenment comes from within young skywalker x

5. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGoozee
    I totally agree with him, as you ride your bike its important to realise that ite you and your own riding style that will bring a smile to your face, whilst being objective is a fine thing if your to listen all the while to others and adopt their techniques and styles then surely you may as well jump on the back and just let them pillion you around, all the training in the world will only be of any use if you actually get out and ride in your own style and flair, Deep down inside Im sure part of you agrees with him too otherwise we wouldnt be having this debate get on and enjoy, if there are things you feel you need to learn or improve then of course go seek fulfilment, but true enlightenment comes from within young skywalker x
    I understand where's he's coming from and yes part of me does agree.

I was genuinely interested to see what others thought.

I still very much want him to do some advanced training and am sure I'll persuade him of the merits of doing so.

6. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny
    Giving a cracking BJ to her boyfriend/husband should be part of every woman's normal routine, not just added in when trying to get her own way
    You've told your other half that have you ;D ;D ;D ;D

7. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky

You've told your other half that have you ;D ;D ;D ;D

She loves to please 8-)

8. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGraeme
    Its interesting how any mention on "Advanced Training" always ends up in the same debate that seems to happen on this forum at least annually ;D

If you enjoy training then do it.....its only for you and affects no one else. For what its worth I understand what your OH is saying. You can never make biking safe no matter how much you try and improve your own skills and certainly for me, part of the reason for riding bikes is to get a buz. If I worried myself about safety all the time I would lose the whole reason for doing it.

And I disagree with Ducatista in that I don't believe fast and safe riding is the exclusive preserve of IAM riders

Agree with most of your comments here Graeme.

Whilst I accept that it may well (and probably does) improve a biker’s riding skills, all the training in the world is no substitute for hands-on practical experience and that only comes with time in the saddle.

IMO biking is no different from any professional trade, A competent instructor can teach you the proper/correct method to carry out certain tasks within a particular trade, but proficiency can only be achieved through experience, which means practice and more practice.

Motorcycling is a high risk activity as we all know and would I be well off the mark in saying that, that is one of the factors which attracts many of us to it? Of course we should take all necessary steps to lower that risk of which advanced training plays a part.

That said however, if I thought I was becoming over concerned with the risk involved every time I jumped on my bike, I would pack it in. I hope I never reach that point.

9. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    Well said Ken. There is no substitue for riding! Now get out there...
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Can you get obsessed with too much training? 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [
    IMO biking is no different from any professional trade, A competent instructor can teach you the proper/correct method to carry out certain tasks within a particular trade, but proficiency can only be achieved through experience, which means practice and more practice.
    I REALLY dont want to turn this into one of the boring threads on the merits on advanced training but it's interesting that you refer to motorcycling being like a profession.

I am someone who works in a profession. I qualified many years ago and to keep my professional skills and knowledge up to date I have to undertake a minimum of 21 hours of CPD (Continuing Professional Development ie training to keep my skills up to date) every year to maintain my qualification

I think you have a good point