Notices

Thread: Tyre fitter near Newbury

1. Tyre fitter near Newbury 
    Hi all,

need a little help...

I have had my wheels rebuild, they are 16" drop centres with 40 spokes, all nicely powder coated, including the hubs, and new spokes on them

I need someone to fit inner tubes and tyres to these rims without making a right mess of it and damaging the rims..

any idea where I can go?
    there's probikes in Newbury, but they are right cowboys all I have is bad experiences from them.

here's a photo of the wheels.
    I have the tyres, inner tubes and protective rubber band for the spokes, just need someone to put it all together and balance.

cheers!

2. Re: Tyre fitter near Newbury 
    Baz @ http://www.motorcyclesbath.co.uk/ might be able to help (though he is Trowbridge based, but he makes a good cuppa and cares for your bike/kit as though it were his!)
    It's Lilac... not pink!

3. Re: Tyre fitter near Newbury 
    ouch! that's a bit far from newbury, but I'll keep it in mind in case nothing else comes up, thanks!

4. Re: Tyre fitter near Newbury 
    I'm no big fan of Pro Bikes either, and unfortunately A&B Tyres on Hambridge Road ceased trading last year

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for an alternative so I googled "motorcycle tyre fitters, Newbury" and something that came up was a new one-man-band called Paterson's Motorcycle Tyres (or similar) on Greeenham Business Park - took some finding but he's ok and has a brand new tyre machine and takes a lot of care over your rims. Give him a call on 01635 817402 and tell him I sent you (mention slick tyres on Dymags, ZX-10, that might remind him)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Tyre fitter near Newbury 
    It's not exactly Newbury, but I used to use Micheldever tyres; at the time the best prices in the area and good service. Having moved house I have not used them for around 3 years but still worth checking out.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

6. Re: Tyre fitter near Newbury 
    thanks Scotty and Jed,

I'll try that guy in Greenham. I also used to use A&B tyres, they were brilliant, shame they stoped trading..

Micheldever.. yeh, used to go there all the time, but over the last couple of years I've found their tyres are not that cheap anymore...not that I'm looking for tyres though, just need someone to fit them

7. Re: Tyre fitter near Newbury 
    Yeah Derek Paterson...new business started...have been in contact with him mesen....not actually used him yet but said I'd go over next tyre change if goodly nicey pricey can be negotiated

He don't do mot and will do basic service jobs ...just for extra info

Some how he appeared in my 'friends' on that facebook nonsense that's how I know of him
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

8. Re: Tyre fitter near Newbury 
    Platinum Member
    ^^ Yep, I'd rather go up to him and Pro-Bike are literally at the bottom of my road.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation