Notices

Thread: Insurance time again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Insurance time again 
    Just re insured my zx9 with MCE for 15 months for £185 with 2 years no claims protected. (so about £150 for a year). Not sure what the norm is but sounded ok to me. It started at £229 but it came down after a bit of a haggle after I told them I was going elsewhere. As in a previous comment it will be different for everyone and I think best offers are usually for new customers. Good luck.

2. Re: Insurance time again 
    I always put details into confused.com or compare the market, I have the same loyalty as the insurance companies themselves!! It annoys me that companies send a high renewal , just in case you pay it, when they can always offer a better deal when you call. surely they should be keeping their policy prices down to keep customers not try and rip off the few that don't shop around! (rant over!)
    look at quotes though as the cheapest is not always the best!
    hastings direct for me for the extras they threw in
    your stunned silence is comforting!

3. Re: Insurance time again 
    The joke with insurance is that people might crawl around looking at different quotes ,etc. but the insurance is actually underwritten by the same firm...Allianz being one of the big players.

This explains why haggle the price seems effective...what the insurance firm is doing is actually taking less from the deal.

With stupid high costs today it is no wonder that insurance keeps going up so very little point in complaining about it ..... not helped by 'no win/no fee' ambulance chasing lawyers and the repair firm costs plus the insurers own low level damage assessments to 'write off' vehicles....probably due to modern [government/legal?] requirements to have immaculate repairs done.

Been told less are offering bike cover...I know the last few firms I used have all packed up

Imma orf out as it is a glorious day and am only here while having roast lamb ...yummy !!!!!
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

4. Re: Insurance time again 
    I've just renewed with Swinton MT-01 fully comprehensive and protected for £189 and I get another £40 back in three months time. I did spend 20 minutes haggling but well worth it

Just to say H&R have been great while swapping bikes, phoned up weds, took out new policy, they received cancellation form for old policy fri, have refunded money due to me today & didnt charge me any admin/cancellation fees, good staff on the phones too