Notices

Thread: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Was chatting to a friend of mine about this and she recommended a bike no ones mentioned yet a Kawasaki ZZR600 - that should fall within budget and does have a low seat. Might be worth a look too?

If you are going the lowering route I'd certainly check it out before you buy the bike. You dont want to buy a bike then realise the options for lowering are too expensive.

I know many people here have lowered bikes without a problem but I'm not a fan. The bike manufacturers spend a huge amount on R&D when they design and build a bike and if you are changing something fundamental it must affect the bike. But hey I'm no expert all I know is that I could tell a difference in the two lowered bikes I've ridden but in fairness I've been riding bikes for many years and have owned and ridden quite a few.

Hope you find what you want.

2. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Sv650 is a popular option as they can be lowered easily.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

3. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Put on a bit of weight. I weigh about 300lb and that's guaranteed to lower any bikes seat height (except a hard tail choppers) ;D

4. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Was chatting to a friend of mine about this and she recommended a bike no ones mentioned yet a Kawasaki ZZR600 - that should fall within budget and does have a low seat. Might be worth a look too?

If you are going the lowering route I'd certainly check it out before you buy the bike. You dont want to buy a bike then realise the options for lowering are too expensive.

I know many people here have lowered bikes without a problem but I'm not a fan. The bike manufacturers spend a huge amount on R&D when they design and build a bike and if you are changing something fundamental it must affect the bike. But hey I'm no expert all I know is that I could tell a difference in the two lowered bikes I've ridden but in fairness I've been riding bikes for many years and have owned and ridden quite a few.

Hope you find what you want.

I will have 2 X ZZR 600's in the shop next week. Your more than welcome to come and literally try it out for size

5. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    I'm sure you'll find one

6. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    Put on a bit of weight. I weigh about 300lb and that's guaranteed to lower any bikes seat height (except a hard tail choppers) ;D
    ;D ;D
    '12 NC700X

7. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    I was having this conversation yesterday at the hot cross bun run. I'm 5 foot 4 with a 29 inch leg and I struggle to touch the ground on most bikes. I also own a pair or Daytona Ladystars which give me an extra couple of inches instep, as scotty mentioned.
    I was talking to Bondy (was trying to buy her street triple, more like...lol) who told me you can get any bike lowered if you do it properly - she's had hers done and its made the difference in me fiat footing on hers and being a couple of inches off the ground on other triples I've tried.
    I currently ride a Honda hornet 600 that hasn't been lowered and I'm fine on it; you're welcome to try it for size, maz.
    In loving memory of Mikkie Mahon 8th May 1986 - 28th September 2014. Taken too soon, ride free x
    “I WILL be a story in your head, but that’s ok. We are all stories in the end, just make yours a good one, eh?”

8. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    I have a zzr600 and they are low. I have a 30" leg and can stand up and get my arse off the seat. Goes well.

9. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Hello you can have any bike you like highered or lowered....DRS in Hull professionaly measure you and then fit the bike to you....wather you are too tall or too small....

they some times sell bikes already lowered as well.....??

look on their site...I have had three bikes done by them now....they are excellant!!

Good luck Bondy ;D

The Ducati Monster is low slung according to Ride magazine this month!! Nice bike too.
    A few good men wisely led, will beat an Army without a head.