Notices

Thread: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    I've done a lot of looking into seat heights as i have an embarrassingly short 27in inside leg. :'( it's not just seat height but look at width as well cos this makes just as much difference!
    Also is getting both feet down at a standstill absolutely neccessary?? as long as i can get one down then i'm confident enough, you'd soon get used to it!
    the only thing to do is to go and sit on/try as many machines as you can.
    your stunned silence is comforting!

2. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    OR... Honda CBF500/600 they are very narrow and low to the ground + can easily be restricted.
    '12 NC700X

3. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    gary.riley
    The Honda CBF (2006 on) has the option of three height positions for the seat and the screen. Whilst not short (5' 11&quot I don't have a long inside leg (29" - not a euphamism!) and I have my seat set at the middle settind and can get both feet flat on the ground

4. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    I have the opposite problem trying to find a bike big enough for my long legs and um large frame.
    MT is fine, sports bikes just way to small and cruisers I need a bike engine/longer chassis. I tried a 900cc Yamaha and was told it looked like a toy with me on it.

Good luck but at least you have the options of shaving the seat foam or dropping the forks through the yoke.
    What about a classic as older bikes tend to be smaller or even an Enfield

Good luck with your search.

5. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Google 'motorcycyle seat height' and there is a fair amount of information including this http://www.visordown.com/features/to...tml#historysub and this list of seat heights which is good once you work out how to turn the annoying american talking about college football off! http://www.examiner.com/article/comp...e-seat-heights
    I hope this helps and good luck with your search.
    Orange ones are faster, but red ones are more comfortable!

6. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    ...and don't forget the Daytona Ladystar boots, as used by a number of female forum members with height challenges.

Here's a thread on the subject...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

7. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    I have the opposite problem trying to find a bike big enough for my long legs and um large frame.
    MT is fine, sports bikes just way to small and cruisers I need a bike engine/longer chassis. I tried a 900cc Yamaha and was told it looked like a toy with me on it.
    Honda GL1800 Goldwing?
    '12 NC700X

8. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Quote Originally Posted by Advrider
    [quote author=Kevinb link=1363784469/23#23 date=1363856188]I have the opposite problem trying to find a bike big enough for my long legs and um large frame.
    Honda GL1800 Goldwing?
    [/quote]

I'm still only in my 40's so not old enough for a Goldwing yet ;D
    saying that I wouldn't mind one of the original undressed GL1000's

9. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    [quote author=Advrider link=1363784469/26#26 date=1363873271][quote author=Kevinb link=1363784469/23#23 date=1363856188]I have the opposite problem trying to find a bike big enough for my long legs and um large frame.
    Honda GL1800 Goldwing?
    [/quote]

I'm still only in my 40's so not old enough for a Goldwing yet ;D
    saying that I wouldn't mind one of the original undressed GL1000's[/quote]

Age doesn't matter, I'm 20 and very interested in them! I keep looking at used GL1800. Insurance is cheap and cheerful too! 8-) Life in the slow lane!

Yes, the late 1970's if I'm right? They look nice!
    '12 NC700X

10. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    buy the bike that you feel comfortable on in the riding position, that's how you'll spend most of your time on the bike and then get it lowered.

I bought a new shock for my bike, but you can lower a bike in many different ways and different costs.

The other thing to make a note of is the handling, ignore being told it will change the handling of the bike.

Yes it might do, but if you get it lowered by some one who know what they are doing they'll do it properly AND if you buy the bike and get it lowered with out riding it too much beforehand then YOU won't notice any difference in the handling.

I bought my bike and had the shock put on quickly and my bike is brilliant, I love it, I'm flat footed (that was a very big deal for me) and I never think twice about riding it, my previous bike I'd use any excuse not to ride it!

pm me if you have any questions.
    It's Lilac... not pink!