Notices

Thread: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    1998 GPZ and a very good starter bike.
    GPZ500S - oldie but still a goodie, just like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    I've had a Bandit and Street Triple lowered and I cannot tell any difference in handling. Maybe a very experienced rider could!
    I had the sides of the seat of the Bandit cut down and as somone mentioned - extra soles on the boots all help.

3. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Another thing to bear in mind with lowering a bike is ground clearance and the stand. When I bought a lowered bike it took ages for me to work out why it was so hard to get the darn thing on the centre stand : : Just something to bear in mind if you are going the lowering route.

I'm sure some bikes are fine lowered but having had lots of different bikes I bought one unknowingly which had been lowered and it took several days to work out what was 'wrong'. It just felt odd and handled really badly. At the time my OH had exactly the same bike and I took his out to see if it was the same and couldnt believe the difference and why his cornered so much better...until we parked them side by side.

4. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz

I dont like cruisers (the look of them).
    The force is strong in this one.

The Honda NC30 is very small and on twisty stuff can easily keep up with bigger bikes.
    They're very popular so hold their value well.

5. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Wiltshire Builders - yes, it is strong

I will defo have a look and the option of getting a bike and lowering it later is certainly appealing.

I am serioulsy considering waiting till September for a bike because there is no point in forking out £150 on a restrictor kit then having to take it off within 3/4 months.

Waiting a little longer will also mean more pennies to spend on a bike and lowering it.

decisions, decisions!

;D

6. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Hi Maz, just a thought.. Tina (beamer) is selling her beloved Kawasaki ER5 , it's been lowered and I'm pretty sure it's 33bhp .. look at "ER5 for sale" in the "bike stuff for sale" section.

Nice bike it is too!!
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

7. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Maz, it might not cost £150 to restrict either, especially carbed bikes. Check ebay for a kit, sand I can recommend a guy in bristol who will test the bike and give you a power print out to give your insurance.

Managed to get a kit for my cbr for £25 (still got it if you end up with one of those) and the power test was £30.
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

8. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Hey Maz,

I had a 2011 CBR250R for a few months and that has a low seat height as well as being narrow.

I had no problem keeping up with people on ride outs! Perhaps apart form acceleration, but twisty roads were no problem!

Just my two pence.
    '12 NC700X

9. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    Hi Maz, just a thought.. Tina (beamer) is selling her beloved Kawasaki ER5 , it's been lowered and I'm pretty sure it's 33bhp .. look at "ER5 for sale" in the "bike stuff for sale" section.

Nice bike it is too!!

Quite welcome to pop round and try it any time...its lowered, sturdy and Ive loved riding him

10. Re: List of bikes with a low seat height NOT a cruiser 
    I know people have touched the subject of lowering seats I have lowered every bike seat that I have owned and either replaced with gel or closed cell foam it can make a difference of between 1-3 inches.
    Just by removing the cover and giving the foam a sanding to remove the foam top coat (bottom of the mould) can make a seat feel much more comfy.. 8-)
    Im 6 foot 2 and I know I'd rather be sitting 'in a bike' than on one if you know what I mean, you'll feel more part of the bike