Notices

Thread: Euro Breakdown cover

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Euro Breakdown cover 
    The trip this year is taking in several coutries and there's no way i'm risking it without breakdown cover.
    I've done a few searches but wondered if anyone had any good reports (or companies to avoid)
    I don't want to get left high and dry especially as the payments are pretty big.

2. Re: Euro Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    Do you have time to get it with your insurance?
    Carole Nash includes it.
    Anecdotally I have an IAM colleague who had an accident abroad and got good service from Carole Nash especially as he was indisposed in hospital. They dealt with his mates without any data protection issues.

3. Re: Euro Breakdown cover 
    I'm with Carole Nash as well and although only used their breakdown cover once, many years ago in the UK, I also know a biker (strangely IAM as well) that had good support when his Triumph broke down big time in Switzerland last year.
    As for specific recovery companies, been with the RAC both personally and with the business for a number of years with cars/vans but (thankfully) only one European breakdown although that was sorted quickly with no hassle.

4. Re: Euro Breakdown cover 
    Just just purchased mine through the AA for this years trip - goodish reports about them.
    '12 NC700X

5. Re: Euro Breakdown cover 
    I've mine through carole nash also, which I was told by them that it is the AA

6. Re: Euro Breakdown cover 
    Carole Nash for me! We magic when I broke the bike in France although to be fair that was a few years ago now

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Euro Breakdown cover 
    AVOID First Call GB at all costs.
    When it's your time to go it's your time, so don't let it catch you.

8. Re: Euro Breakdown cover 
    Platinum Member
    Agree that First call have a widespread bad reputation.

9. Re: Euro Breakdown cover 
    ADAC.

Europe's AA equivalent and it's who the AA send out to you if you need assistance out there.

For plus membership for any vehicle you are with and for the whole year for it's half what the AA quote for a week for one of my bikes. 79 euros currently.

English version of their site. http://www.adac.de/mitgliedschaft/ad...p/default.aspx

You'd have to ring to join but just ask for an English speaker, likely the person answering will speak English.

10. Re: Euro Breakdown cover 
    After much searching and phone calls I have ended up taking out a annual multi trip policy with the AA.After a load of haggling I managed to get the policy down from £165 to £93.....happy days!!!!