Notices

Thread: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Remembrance Day Ride Out

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Diamond Member
    I'll order another this afternoon, they are £16.00.

Salisbury sounds good - but I suspect there will be quite a big ceramony there, so I also suspect they we may not be able just to ride there, place it and go, we ought to find out.

Cheers
    G

2. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Platinum Member
    As we are going to Compton Abbas surely there must be a war memorial there.

3. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Platinum Member
    There is a war memorial at Shaftesbury just to the north and another at Fontmell Magna just south of Compton Abbas. either could be easier to access than Salisbury.

4. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    unable to find much info on the service in salisbury, with moving house I not really had much time to look. Perhaps one of the two memorials loud pipes mentioned would be better just in case?
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

5. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Just my opinion...... This run seems to have got a bit mixed up with the remembrance day events.

I cannot see the point in a wreath, that money is needed to help our troops today plus the club has no real military connection - if you wanna show real respect then timetable the run so you stop near a memorial (well before 11) and stand together in silence for 2 minutes.

Remembrance is a lot about the old soldiers as well as the fallen. The old guys there will be well impressed that a bunch of bikers took the time to show respect.

Won't be any good going to Abbos after the remembrance as I presume a lot of old soldier types will go there.

6. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    I have used Zig-zag hill a few time for bike riding shots. Some bends are virtual walking pace.

First timers definately ought to ride up it first.

I will not stand on a corner and take pix till the subjects have ridden up and down the hill once - just so they know wot its like.

Basically the hill is quite short and its just the two hairpins at the start and top that are tricky......

7. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Platinum Member
    Really good airial view, interesting bit of road.

8. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll_on
    Really good airial view, interesting bit of road.
    Google maps and select sattalite option

9. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Platinum Member
    Hunar have you decided on a start time and place, presume the Sally as usual with another pick up point en-route. Be happy to act as back marker for this one.

10. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupeRDel
    Just my opinion...... This run seems to have got a bit mixed up with the remembrance day events.

I cannot see the point in a wreath, that money is needed to help our troops today plus the club has no real military connection - if you wanna show real respect then timetable the run so you stop near a memorial (well before 11) and stand together in silence for 2 minutes.

Remembrance is a lot about the old soldiers as well as the fallen. The old guys there will be well impressed that a bunch of bikers took the time to show respect.
    Won't be any good going to Abbos after the remembrance as I presume a lot of old soldier types will go there.
    Think you may be right...
    I've got a wreath, but can easily pass it on to another company I know if it's not needed by the club.
    I'll go with the flow...

Cheers
    G