Notices

Thread: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Remembrance Day Ride Out

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Diamond Member
    the best part about zigzag hill is the roads before and after looooooovley :]

2. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan9T9
    the best part about zigzag hill is the roads before and after looooooovley :]
    Yeah That

follow the B3081 down to Ringwood, its a beauty

8-)
    Everything else is shyte

3. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    I may be able to do the 8th now...did some baby sitting at the weekend so have a trade card in my hand! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Too late to order a wreath from the royal british legion, any orders made now cannot be guaranteed delivered before remembrance sunday. Their factory is in kent I think, so it might be possible to pick it up, or might be able to organise an express delivery, not sure about the costs there. It may be that I can get a wreath from a local florist, will look into that. Will also enquire about express delivery costs.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

5. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Diamond Member
    If I can help, I have an Interlink account and would be happy to arrange for them to collect one and get it back to Westbury.

Think most towns have a small service & wreath laying at 11.00, Warminster do if that helps.

IMO it would be better to get an "official" one if possible, rather than from a local florist, as then at least some of the profit goes to the cause.

Cheers
    G

6. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    I personally think stopping for a minutes silence shows respect for those who have lost their lives or have been injured in wars/conflicts. The money from the cost of a wreath could then all go to 'Help for heroes' along with donations.

7. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Diamond Member
    UPDATE...

I've got one being delivered by the local branch of the Royal British Legion tomorrow morning.
    I sent an email which has been passed on a couple of times and found a lady who lives round the corner, who is coordinating wreaths & poppy collecting tins.

Every year I mean to get one to put in the window of our reception, they are £18.00 - £20.00 (she's not sure).

Option 1, I can get two if you wish, one for the club.
    Option 2, The club is welcome to use mine on the 8th and any donations could go to the RBL.
    She did ask if we would like to lay it at the ceramony, but I said I wasn't sure yet.

Over to you...

G
    PS... Not meaning to take this over Hunar, you're in charge mate

8. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Platinum Member
    Thats a nice idea Gerry and one I am happy to support, like you I will leave the final decision to Hunar.

9. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    UPDATE...

I've got one being delivered by the local branch of the Royal British Legion tomorrow morning.
    I sent an email which has been passed on a couple of times and found a lady who lives round the corner, who is coordinating wreaths & poppy collecting tins.

Every year I mean to get one to put in the window of our reception, they are £18.00 - £20.00 (she's not sure).

Option 1, I can get two if you wish, one for the club.
    Option 2, The club is welcome to use mine on the 8th and any donations could go to the RBL.
    She did ask if we would like to lay it at the ceramony, but I said I wasn't sure yet.

Over to you...

G
    PS... Not meaning to take this over Hunar, you're in charge mate
    No worries Gerry, I think option 1 is better as we get our own wreath and the money goes to RBL rather than to a florist. Let me know how much it costs as I will need to get the money to you.

Lisa, got your PM sounds like a great idea, will go with that as long as you are happy to do it.

I think Salisbury war memorial is a good place, plenty of space to park close to the memorial itself, so we will lay our wreath there.

We can make this run an annual event, so need a good name for it, I thought something like

1st Annual Heroes Run?

Ideas welcome as always.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

10. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Hunar

You will need to check parking close to the war memorial as they may close the roads close to it if they have any march in's and in general parking will used.

Kev