Notices

Thread: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Remembrance Day Ride Out

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Platinum Member
    Don't forget we are stopping off at a memorial this time.
    It might make sense for you guys to join the ride there.

2. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Stu, I can certainly meet you at Tesco's, I have a job to do before but hope to get to any meeting place by about 10.15, silly me forgot I was going on a rideout and agreed to work :
    It's all about the ride!

3. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    as the airfield is pretty much a no go I am working on a new route. Not sure about a pick up at warminster, if we leave at 10am we will get to warminster about 11 (thats normally the time) adn we need to be at the memorial for that time. I will need to work a route out and see what happens will try and work on that tonight
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

4. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    might be up for this if weather holds off
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

5. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Should be able to go on this one. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Diamond Member
    Hunar,
    there is a greasy spoon cafe in Shaftsbury, that does some very good food (fry ups, burgers etc, its dry and warm and will have room for us all) we stop there when we go offroading and theyre biker friendly.....
    will chat to you before the set off if you like, if were still going this way???.....ta matey.

7. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    jaydee ,u going to the warminster serv or over to the sally for this ?
    There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)

8. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    Platinum Member
    Hunar have you any idea where we are going yet if not to compton abbas

9. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Compton Abbas air field 
    OK it's a bit late I know, but with moving house and not having the net at the new place yet it's not been as easy as I would have liked!

Firstly we need to make sure that we are at the memorial about 5 - 10 mins before 11am, I have tried to find information on services being held on Sunday, but I have not had a great deal of time, and couldn't find anything, although I do agree it's very likely the will be a pretty large on at Salisbury. Have found the one in Shaftesbury, so have agreed it's a better idea to ret there instead.

As you probably well know, my timing for arrivals isn't always that accurate, and from previous experience, if we leave the sally at 10am we meet up in warminster about 10:40 - 10:50, I still think that 10:20 - 10:30 pick up at Warminster should be fine though, but it won't be a stop, it will be a ride past and everyone joins in, cos if we stop it will 10 - 20 mins before we start again once we all said hi and had a smoke.

So the plan is (yeah I know, "Hunar has a plan, this can onyl go badly!&quot, we leave the sally dead on 9:45 (we won't wait so make sure you're there), ride to warminster, DON'T STOP and the people there merge in with the ride, carry on to the war memorial, where we be placing the wreath and a having a minutes silence (or is it two minutes? I have heard people mentioning both), after that Jaydee mentioned a cafe close by we can visit for some hot food and drinks, then I thought a brisk round trip back to the sally via salisbury and devizes.

will add this to the main post!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

10. Re: NOVEMBER 8th RIDE OUT - Remembrance Day Ride Out 
    sounds good to me, if the weather is ok i will be along, will be at warminster for the merging lol, will meet stu and rosie where ever they decide,will look again later, or if rosie can drop me a text, that will be good