Quote Originally Posted by swarwick
[quote author=HensonA link=1256115998/0#2 date=1256120831]I'm looking OK for Suns 8th or 15th whichever turns out to be the date.

Went up Zig Zag Hill last Sunday for 1st time on WABAM Weymouth ride out...took one corner a little fast!! ... so going down ZZ Hill on the Nov09 ride-out should be interesting !!.

Adrian
I have actually never been to zig zag hill, so I don't know which direction it runs going up or down. If coming in from the salisbury side means we go up hill, then we may well go that way and a shorter run home afterwards, personally I would prefer to do the run uphill.

Opinions always welcome[/quote]

Like Adrian, I went up it for the first time on the WaBAM rideout and it was good fun! As long as you take it steady its fine - I've never leaned the bike over so far in first gear ;D Uphill is definately the easier option I would think which means on the way to the airfield.

It is very close to Compton Abbas airfield (between there and Shaftesbury) so to be honest it doesn't matter which way you head there. As mentioned before, you can choose to stay on the B3081 (by turning left off of it before you get to Melbury Abbas!) to go up ZZH and approach the airfield from one end of the runway or carry straight on and approach the airfield from the other end.