Notices

Thread: Castle Combe Aug 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Great day, good to meet you lads & ladesses. Throughly enjoyed the day, even better when it cost £100.00

1 Year ago I was riding my YBR, cleaning the Triumph and occasionally watching Mike nip off down the road on it to keep it 'ticking over'

hopefully I didn't get in the way too much...!! I've certainly learnt more there than I could of with months of riding on the road

2. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Diamond Member
    Pics from Peter "Norton" Simpson ;D

http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20Combe%20TD/

Thanx to the Castle Combe Cheerleaders for looking after him [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Good One...

Gerry

3. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Platinum Member
    Great to be there with everyone - t'was more of a social day than a track day unfortunately. The lack of track time is the killer for me, and the time you get (10 minutes) isn't enough to even warm up let alone try a few different entry exit gearing strategies and just improve and acquire confidence...Then on top of that you then sit around for ages before you're on again at which point you're really back to square one! I'd say you get about 6/7 laps per session one of which is a marshalled sighting lap, then you've got to put some heat in your tyres for another 2 laps before you can start hooning at which point you've only got 2 or 3 laps to play with (about 3/4 minutes!). The chequered flag comes out and drags you in just as you're getting into it!!
    I know it's close and local but it just doesn't seem worth it to me
    .......As you can tell, that put a bit of a dampener on my day but it was great to mix with the gang, my wing man Reginald is a different rider to Brands way back this year, awesome. Thanks to Mikkie and his pit crew (that mysterious ring on my tyre was a damping issue and Mark at MH racing has got the bike now sorting it - i pick it up Saturday ready for Silverstone with a set up that wont wobble me around!!!) Thanks to Sam for slowly disintegrating the Steely, though it was fun fixing it every session!!!! Jim - One word, Snetterton, oooh go on! Good to see Julie again getting faster and meeting Mike who likes to throw his bandit 1200 around a BMX Thanks to everyone else for making a poor track day a bit more bearable

4. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Look on the bright side Basil, at least you did not need to purchase another new helmet and various other bike parts

5. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011