Notices

Thread: Castle Combe Aug 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Platinum Member

2. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Think we did pretty well between us Sue!

Happiness is Labrador and Triumph shaped............

3. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mula
    Think we did pretty well between us Sue!

You most certainly did,thank's for taking the pic's Sal and Sue 8-)
    (ain't gunna mention lunch time topic of conversation lol) ;D :-[

4. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Platinum Member
    So how was it ? ? !

5. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Star
    So how was it ? ? !

addictive ;D

6. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by boots
    [quote author=Mula link=1314220456/1#1 date=1314222661]Think we did pretty well between us Sue!

You most certainly did,thank's for taking the pic's Sal and Sue 8-)
    (ain't gunna mention lunch time topic of conversation lol) ;D :-[[/quote]

Good Move Ade. My lips are sealed as well :-X
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

7. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Great Pics!!!!! 8-)
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

8. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Just signed up to Youtube and the Videos from yeserday are being loaded now.....

All round they are looking good. ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpHZtDeR_h4

This is the link for video 1 of 3 The other two are taking ages to load but will be on by this afternoon hopefully

9. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Just to say I had a great day at Combe.

It might not be the most challenging of circuits but its local and was well attended by WBers both riders and non riders. Cheers guys and girls for a good day Gerry excepted, he has sped up a lot on his white rocket and is a lot more difficult to catch and pass now

10. Re: Castle Combe Aug 2011 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda_Star
    So how was it ? ? !
    Really great day Halena, although Basil and I did suffer a bit from not having our “Pit Manager” guiding us.
    I even once spotted young Basil having a big drink when he should have been having a big pee (nearly with disastrous consequences) :-/ Pleased you will both be there at Snetters

The day got off to a sunny start and only really clouded over after lunch. We saw a few spots of rain but only for a few minutes and not enough to effect the track. I was the last to leave at 6.00 and it was still fairly warm and sunny. We were in Group 4 and, as before, there were six groups getting ten minutes track time (not enough) per hour, and If I remember correctly six sessions overall.

I’m sure everybody loved it including first timer Flick who had a beeming smile all day (although that may have been to do with the lunch time educational conversation)
    There were a few lads out that are racing in 10 days there, although not in our group, and it was good to watch the pro’s do it.

Some lovely bikes there including a few gleaming (but nasty sounding) Ducati’s and some quick track bikes. It was great to watch Moo & Basil hoon by “doing it right, quick and smoooth” although it was obvious Basil wasn’t really trying as he didn’t need to hit the eject button at all whilst on track

Pleased with my Gixxer, it feels really sturdy on track when pushed and I think I got faster as the day went on, I do have trouble with “slow in - fast out” as nine times out of ten I approached the temporary chicane far to fast and a number of times just managed to squeal to a judderingly slow enough speed to get round it (but cocked my entry into Camp and the main straight though).
    I also found out that I think I’m quicker in front, as when I’m following somebody my concentration and lines go out of the window in an attempt to get past them (youthful competitive enthusiasm I recon)

All in all great day and especially great company as always. Nice to see our Cheerleaders / Photographers Sally & Sue turn up and also Nelly and Ade (and my old Dad, Pete “Norton” Simpson) [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Snetters here we come [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

G