Notices

Thread: Charley Boorman

1. Charley Boorman 
    Platinum Member

2. Re: Charley Boorman 
    Gutted i missed the group photo. A very good evening.

3. Re: Charley Boorman 
    Cool!!!!

8-) 8-) 8-)
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Charley Boorman 
    Thanks to charleyx for getting him to have a group photo with us

5. Re: Charley Boorman 
    As for the CB show, I wasn't particularly impressed with the "interview" format, and the scouse MC was nothing more than annoying - we didn't go to see him. Having CB seated wasn't good either, it would have been better had he been walking the stage and interacting with the audience more. I've seen bush tucker man Ray Mears, fellow adventurer Lois Pryce, and Dakar rider (and finisher!) Tamsin Jones give shows on their own without the need for a stooge and they were more entertaining to be honest.

Nonetheless it was an enjoyable evening out, thanks to Jacde and CharleyX for sorting the tickets, and after a week's virtual house arrest it was nice to mingle with some WBs again

WB Friday curry night sometime sounds good, and NickL's bar is easy walking distance from there afterwards too....
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Charley Boorman 
    That curry was amazing! Best i've had for ages, we defintiely need to arrange to go back asap - thanks to Mikkie for sorting it out

Enjoyed the show - bit too much chat about his Dad for my liking and virtually no mention of Long Way Down, but it was good to hear some anecdotes and great to meet him after
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: Charley Boorman 
    I think, because I had very limited knowledge of Charley and his life etc, I found last night to be really interesting and quite entertaining. (Thank you loads to Charleyx for running round like a nutter before and after the show so we could get to meet him + thanks to Jackie for sorting out the tickets before you went to Kenya )

I admit I did find the chappie doing the questions a bit, ummm, odd I guess.....mainly because this show has been going on for quite a while and must follow the same line through-out all the shows....but I put that down to the fact that Charley, being dyslexic, probably wouldnt have been able to follow a script maybe so the show was designed to be user-friendly...who knows lol

But nevertheless, I still found it quite interesting learning about all his exploits etc

The curry was ace and I even surpised myself at how fast I managed to munch the lumps of chicken hehe. I would love to go there again for another attempt at what was a gorgeous Korma.

Mikkie, PLEASE, PLEASE say thank you to the guys at the restaurant for making sure my wallet got back to me......I REALLY appreciate their honesty. (And thanks loads for organising it)

8. Re: Charley Boorman 
    Just given them a call to say thankyou. They said they were glad to help and hope to see us back soon..

9. Re: Charley Boorman 
    Thanks Jac for sorting tickets out and Fab curry Mikkie ! Well guess you know what side of the fence i'm on!!
    Had a great evening and like Tina said it was about his life not just two riding adventures!
    Could Charley do that on his own?.... No.... but do agree Billy was not on top form like everyone we all have our off days (or drink too much the day before)

Scotty like you : i too have seen Tams and Louis, there great much lower key stuff but anyone who's not found them out well worth it