Notices

Thread: Llandow 2012 - Round 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 

Lovely day thanks guys. **** wx to start with but pleased the sun came out in the afternoon.

Good to see everyone. Nice to meet you Wes and Gerry I hope the bruises are not too bad....take some arnica...it really helps babe :-*

Glad I've done a 'track day' but I wasn't that taken with it all so think it's one to tick off the list!

Roxy xxx

2. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 
    Glad you are ok Gerry, if not a little bruised, it was good to see other WB members i hadnt met before, as well of course, those who know me already , flick, well what can i say, novice? really? although the by any means passing techniques including grass tracking, and taking the short cut around the start line, were inspirational ;D , thanks to everyone for a brilliant day out, cheers Wes.
    Incidentally, after all that, i think ive broken a toe whilst wallpapering ;D

3. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 
    Flick - the shark is gonna get you!! ;D

Hope the bruises heal quickly G and you and the bike are in good shape for CC. Take some heart from Stoner's heroics today if inspiration is required!

Had a great day once the weather cleared and I remembered which bike I was on. It's definitely the 'social' TD event on the calendar and one I look forward to. For this year I'm just glad I didn't embarrass myself too much. Looking forward to 2013 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 
    hey all,

looks like you all had a good time, i like that, hopefully means you will beback for more next year .

i do like to try and keep it as much a social event aswell as a track event, makes the day more fun for everyone and less nerve-racking for the first timers.

sorry about the weather, kim booked the sun for the a.m to walk the dogs in, blame her, i'll make sure she is with us next year that way it will be sorted.

Roxy, shame you weren't taken with the track thing, you definately seemed to have the idea sorted. i followed you round and through the pack for a couple of laps and you seemed like a natural.

i only saw the bouncy orange ball on the vid, didn't realise it happened behind me, just saw the red flags go up AFTER the flag, you do know that you will now be in head marshal Johns morning speeches now don't you ? famous at last !

Well once the sun came out the smiles certainly widened and the fun began, there were some PROPER fast boys tearing it up in the fast group, it would seem you only need one wheel on the ground to operate a bike, and it doesn't have to be the rear one it made for some interesting viewing from the paddock.

Inters was fun and the [s]racing[/s] riding certainly became fun as the track dried and lines appeared. lots of new faces/bikes to play with and grumble at from behind the visor as they went past, hey ho - i'll get you all next year, now where's that nitro ???

I had the position of track marshal in novice this year and have to say it was a rewarding experince. Going from starting in the rain and leading people round to gradually mixing it up a little and seeing individuals confidence grow through the day, made it a top result.

der dum, der dum, der dum, der dum, der dum, der dum.....to those sharks lurking in novice, quint has been sent for, you have been tagged with 3 barrels and they will be taking you up to inters next year.

you're gonna need a bigger excuse ;D

Thanks to scotty for helping out again.

see you again next year.

Simon

5. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 
    Great day out, like the informal atmosphere of the day and was good to meet the SWB peps. 8-)

It kinda looks like inters for me next year then ;D unless I can find a good excuse ;D

Good to here Gerrys ok after his tumble,and that I'm not the only one that overtook after the chequerd flag ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks to billinom8s for sorting the day

6. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 
    Good to hear you all having fun and some good reports too. Hope you don't feel thr bruises too much now Gerry

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boots
    Great day out, like the informal atmosphere of the day and was good to meet the SWB peps. 8-)
    It kinda looks like inters for me next year then ;D unless I can find a good excuse ;D

Good to here Gerrys ok after his tumble,and that I'm not the only one that overtook after the chequerd flag ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Haha Flick, no more hiding now :P
    And.. to set the record straight (and I have video proof) I overtook before the chequered flag, it was just the falling off I did after it ;D

Bike initial inspection last night, may be able to save the rearset / gear linkage. a bit of straightening needed at the rear and the fairing support replacing / gaffa taping. A lick of paint and it will be good to go.
    Fairings off today for a better look though !

Must remember to email an apology to John, head marshal, for not following his briefing instructions about not crashing after the flag lol

8. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    Good to hear you all having fun and some good reports too. Hope you don't feel thr bruises too much now Gerry
    BB
    Thanks BB, I'd be a lot better if somebody hadn't sneaked into my bedroom and hit me all over with a rubber mallet on Sat / Sun night - it's just not on really is it ;D

Billinom8s: great day, thanks to all who organised from SWB.
    Re your comments on the fast group, it was more frightening watching No61 on track than falling off - he was quick !!!

9. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 
    Quote Originally Posted by boots

You will be in fast group by then Flick ;D

10. Re: Llandow 2012 - Round 2 
    Something that I forgot to mention in the initial post was a [smiley=thumbsup.gif] to Chappers as "most improved" - your riding has come on considerably this year James, much better technique and more confident overall. Good effort 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen