Well, what a day that was! A day of two halves weather-wise, whilst most of Southern England was scorchio, the Severn crossing heralded a sudden change to wetness (welcome to Wales). The forecasted wet start hung on until lunchtime so those of us with wets put them on to make the most of it and I have to admit that I've never had so much fun in the rain, helped by a grippy track I was getting my knee down which I'd never done previously, even when racing. It's a confidence thing, but wet tyres rock, oh yes!
The sun put his hat on in the afternoon and the track soon dried, allowing everyone to enjoy themselves and fun was had 8-)
Yesterday marked a first for the SWB annual day with an ambulance being called for Kelly (Dynasangel) after she crashed to avoid hitting an unexpectedly slow rider at the chicane, breaking her collarbone. Take it easy chick, you'll be fine for Oulton in October.
We all had fun in the sun, with Gerry bringing the curtain down with a spot of drama on his new satsuma - I'll not steal his thunder, he can relate the tale of derring-do... Over to you Mr Simpson...