PDA

View Full Version : Glasto Cancelled

Burbler
21-01-21, 03:34 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13808421/glastonbury-festival-2021-cancelled-official-coronavirus/

Dabz
22-01-21, 10:37 AM
First of many large events this year I bet. They're now talking about schools not going back until Easter and lockdown until the spring potentially. It's going to break people...

BB
22-01-21, 10:56 AM
First of many large events this year I bet. They're now talking about schools not going back until Easter and lockdown until the spring potentially. It's going to break people...

Are you homeschooling little'un?

Last Train
22-01-21, 07:21 PM
I had a great line up of gigs last year.
Patti Smith
Elbow
Aha
Angel Olsen
Clannad
The Wurzels (yes, honestly)
+ others I’ve forgot :o

After being postponed from last year into this, they’re being pushed further back again :(
I desperately need to ‘live music’.

Badger-Roy
22-01-21, 08:18 PM
I had a great line up of gigs last year.
Patti Smith
Elbow
Aha
Angel Olsen
Clannad
The Wurzels (yes, honestly)
+ others I’ve forgot :o

After being postponed from last year into this, they’re being pushed further back again :(
I desperately need to ‘live music’.

I worked security at a wurzels gig about 20 years ago and was stationed just to the left of the stage, I had probably one of the best views in the house and loved every second of it, although as a hardcore metalhead in his mid 20s I’d have died before admitting it at the time.

Last Train
22-01-21, 08:37 PM
I worked security at a wurzels gig about 20 years ago and was stationed just to the left of the stage, I had probably one of the best views in the house and loved every second of it, although as a hardcore metalhead in his mid 20s I’d have died before admitting it at the time.

Ha ha, I was the same. No way were they part of my listening library.
Whether you’re Scrumpy’d or not, they’re a great live band :)

Badger-Roy
22-01-21, 09:15 PM
Ha ha, I was the same. No way were they part of my listening library.
Whether you’re Scrumpy’d or not, they’re a great live band :)
They really are great live.
I worked security at loads of gigs and most were groups/singers that weren’t my thing but the atmosphere still made them fun to do (including a Jason and Kyle concert but iv got the decently to be ashamed of that one :o).
The upside was I had some great experiences that I will never forget including an after gig party getting very drunk with Peter green (fleetwood Mac)John mayall (& the blues breakers)and Pete G (Pete G and the magnationes), that one gig was worth the embarrassing ones.

Last Train
22-01-21, 09:27 PM
......(including a Jason and Kyle concert but iv got the decently to be ashamed of that one :o).

:D:D

The upside was I had some great experiences that I will never forget including an after gig party getting very drunk with Peter green (fleetwood Mac)John mayall (& the blues breakers)and Pete G (Pete G and the magnationes), that one gig was worth the embarrassing ones.

:cool:

I first seen the Wurzels at some festival thing up Clifton way. That was an alcohol influenced outing. I spent most of the gig, well what I can remember of it :rolleyes:, walking around telling folk to ‘Ere... get orf moy land’ etc...

Badger-Roy
22-01-21, 09:37 PM
I spent most of the gig, well what I can remember of it :rolleyes:, walking around telling folk to ‘Ere... get orf moy land’ etc...
I must admit I lost count of how many drunks asked if iv seen their brand new combine harvester :mad:

Burbler
23-01-21, 10:52 AM
I had a great line up of gigs last year. I desperately need to ‘live music’.

I have a kazoo and a tambourine. For a substantial fee I could come round to your place and.........

BB
23-01-21, 11:05 AM
I have a kazoo and a tambourine. For a substantial fee I could come round to your place and.........

;););)