View Full Version : Tumbleweed...

BB
06-12-20, 12:35 PM
Hello? (Hello? Hello? Hello?)
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone home?

Or should that say 'is there anybody out there?'
And don't just nod, acknowledge please :)
Apparently there are 54 active members, most I see on here are about a dozen, so who are the rest? Identify yourself :cool:

DC
06-12-20, 12:43 PM
Hello there , I'm still ere :cool:, it is a bit of a ghost town these days though .

Badger-Roy
06-12-20, 01:09 PM
I’m here, keep poking my head in to see what’s occurring.

Last Train
06-12-20, 01:49 PM
Coooeee :D

I’m yer too.

I was so bored yesterday that I hoovered !

I didn’t really think you’d want to hear about that.

Admittedly the domestic chore aberration was in between a couple of wall shaking Hi-Fi sessions :cool:
(Well the neighbours were out. Boots filled)

I did test run the Major’s bike up the road yesterday afternoon just before dark. Brrrrrr......

BB
06-12-20, 02:06 PM
Coooeee :D

I was so bored yesterday that I hoovered !

Bloody hell, you must have been bored! I seldom ever get that bored. ;)

BB
06-12-20, 02:07 PM
So that's four of us, just another 50 to flush out, :)

Last Train
06-12-20, 02:37 PM
Bloody hell, you must have been bored! I seldom ever get that bored. ;)

Even more worrying is that I’m almost pleased I did it & think it was a job well done :eek::eek:

WR6133
06-12-20, 02:45 PM
I'm alive, no photos recently, silly season in logistics so by extension silly season for me :(

Trev_P
06-12-20, 03:45 PM
I was never here ;)

Dazr
06-12-20, 06:33 PM
I am here generally checking in every few days, good post to get people talking. No hoovering for me, actually a bit of DIY took the Velux windows out as needed to clear moss off the surround. Never knew they came out until checking youtube, still scary as you need to feed out then back in......did not drop them....phew.
Hope everyone is well, looking forward to the warm weather returning, noticed the roads as being salted and gritted already.....not good for the bikes.

Wes
06-12-20, 08:07 PM
Yep, still about but havent been out on the bike for a while tho, so not much to report. Been working away quite a lot recently, but have managed to fab up a go pro camera mount for my track bike, so looking forward to getting a bit of footage next year. Also sprayed up a new front mudguard for the tb, quite pleased with the results :)

Burbler
06-12-20, 09:06 PM

BB
06-12-20, 09:17 PM
Even more worrying is that I’m almost pleased I did it & think it was a job well done :eek::eek:

Now that is worrying. I suggest a lie down in a darkened room for a while.

BB
06-12-20, 09:18 PM
I am here generally checking in every few days, good post to get people talking. No hoovering for me, actually a bit of DIY took the Velux windows out as needed to clear moss off the surround. Never knew they came out until checking youtube, still scary as you need to feed out then back in......did not drop them....phew.
Hope everyone is well, looking forward to the warm weather returning, noticed the roads as being salted and gritted already.....not good for the bikes.

Actually, don't tell Last Train but I cleaned my Velux windows the other day...

Dazr
06-12-20, 09:58 PM

Like it...

Dazr
06-12-20, 09:59 PM
Yep, still about but havent been out on the bike for a while tho, so not much to report. Been working away quite a lot recently, but have managed to fab up a go pro camera mount for my track bike, so looking forward to getting a bit of footage next year. Also sprayed up a new front mudguard for the tb, quite pleased with the results :)

Be good to see the footage for sure.

Dazr
06-12-20, 10:00 PM
Actually, don't tell Last Train but I cleaned my Velux windows the other day...

:cool:

fragglepete
06-12-20, 11:14 PM
I'm still here....

Pete

Trev
07-12-20, 03:25 PM
Ooops I check in every few days but never been that active (on here or in life generally), must do better :rolleyes:

BB
07-12-20, 03:52 PM
Ooops I check in every few days but never been that active (on here or in life generally), must do better :rolleyes:

I'm sure we are all getting less active after this year, Trev. Fingers crossed for next year :cool:

BB
07-12-20, 03:56 PM
Well that's 11 of us so far, only another 43 to go :p

jer r1
07-12-20, 07:02 PM
I'm somewhere but not sure where. Still clocking up plenty of cold wet miles on the bloodbikes (very Q this weekend but still 400+ miles)

BB
07-12-20, 08:10 PM
I'm somewhere but not sure where. Still clocking up plenty of cold wet miles on the bloodbikes (very Q this weekend but still 400+ miles)

Well done on the bloodbikes front mate, you and your colleagues are hero's in my eyes. :cool:

Trev
07-12-20, 09:06 PM
I'm sure we are all getting less active after this year, Trev. Fingers crossed for next year :cool:

I retired this year so am getting out on a bike a lot more, although not to far flung places like I had planned (apart from NZ in March, nearly forgotten that already) but not having employees, customers, suppliers and all the other stuff to think about does seem to make it feel quiet. Looking forward to getting up to Scotland in the Spring, weather and Covid allowing.

Burbler
07-12-20, 11:49 PM
Just put the bin out. Can hardly see 75 metres down the street. Big meteor shower next week. Hope it improves.

Dabz
08-12-20, 08:42 PM
I lurk :)

BB
09-12-20, 11:18 AM
I lurk :)

Must meet up some time, when all this madness is over :cool:

Dabz
09-12-20, 04:42 PM
Absolutely! This year has pushed me even further in to my new hermit-like existence with working from home for half of it...would be great to catch up :)

Scotty
12-12-20, 06:10 PM
Me! Me! Me! (That’s just one of me Judy) I check in frequently, contribute to a post if I have anything to add, but lament the lack of forum traffic. The good ol’ days of 2010-2012 when the forum was really buzzing seem like a lifetime ago, almost a different world. I’m not alone in pining for that kind of community and energy. Have all those formerly active members given up biking or just been corrupted by the dark side (Faceboke)? Chicky and I regularly meet up with a bunch of former members (Gerry (though he appears on here sporadically), CharleyX, Viking, Caz, Snowy, Lucinda, Jaydee) but those guys communicate primarily via FB. Maybe that’s where everyone else has ended up...

Dabz
13-12-20, 11:56 AM
I think FB Groups were the killer for any forum busyness sadly. Those of us who shun FB are in the minority

Badger-Roy
13-12-20, 12:12 PM
I think FB Groups were the killer for any forum busyness sadly. Those of us who shun FB are in the minority
I was shopping last week in Salisbury and the lady in the shop said I could enter a competition on their FB page to win a full refund and when I said I’m not on there she was so amazed she called another assistant over and told her who was equally surprised. I felt like pointing out it’s not actually compulsory (yet) :rolleyes:

BB
13-12-20, 01:05 PM
I was shopping last week in Salisbury and the lady in the shop said I could enter a competition on their FB page to win a full refund and when I said I’m not on there she was so amazed she called another assistant over and told her who was equally surprised. I felt like pointing out it’s not actually compulsory (yet) :rolleyes:

I've seen a sketch on FB (where else) where this girl meets a chap who is not on FB and has no social media presence at all. She and her girlfriends try desperately to find him on any platform they can think of and at the end come to the conclusion he isn't real and can't exist. Just about sums it up really. :rolleyes:

Badger-Roy
13-12-20, 02:19 PM
I've seen a sketch on FB (where else) where this girl meets a chap who is not on FB and has no social media presence at all. She and her girlfriends try desperately to find him on any platform they can think of and at the end come to the conclusion he isn't real and can't exist. Just about sums it up really. :rolleyes:
that could be me lol, my online presence is here, eBay and gumtree pretty much. Oh I used to be on an MG forum a few years back when I had my midget.

Trev_P
13-12-20, 03:03 PM
I don't do facefeck either but then i have always been a bit antisocial :p