PDA

View Full Version : Recycling used engine oil .........

DC
04-08-20, 03:39 PM
Got 8 litres in the garage , but not convinced . I know the old boys have been doing it for donkeys years , and it works , but............... And don't forget , get Plenty , plenty on there ! ;)

https://youtu.be/w9lYEd3LI0Q

Badger-Roy
04-08-20, 03:49 PM
I reckon you would get a visit from the Environment agency pretty quick if you did lol :rolleyes:

DC
04-08-20, 04:29 PM
How about a more rational approach than the old fella .........

https://youtu.be/RWfO8kr8tYs

WR6133
04-08-20, 05:02 PM
I wanted to do this but the wife gave me a proper, "I'll stab you to death while you sleep", look when I floated the idea.

DC
04-08-20, 05:15 PM
I wanted to do this but the wife gave me a proper, "I'll stab you to death while you sleep", look when I floated the idea.

I'm right into the idea , but not sure I could live with the smell " X " amount of time afterwards . There's a lot of nae-sayers , but a lot of the oil / solvent based wood preservatives are full of VOC's and other nasties , harmful to aquatic life , blah , blah , blah .

Trev_P
04-08-20, 08:40 PM
I know this was used a lot back in the day but now what with most oils being semi/fully synthetic not sure if it would do the job as well

Scotty
05-08-20, 11:18 PM
If you want to recycle old oil, take it to the local tip and pour it into the big tank that’s there just for that purpose.

DC
06-08-20, 12:14 AM
If you want to recycle old oil, take it to the local tip and pour it into the big tank that’s there just for that purpose.

That's what I've always done and expect I'll continue to do so , I just found the old boys "skills" in the first video rather entertaining .

BB
06-08-20, 08:10 AM
That's what I've always done and expect I'll continue to do so , I just found the old boys "skills" in the first video rather entertaining .

I never assumed anything else :cool:

Burbler
06-08-20, 10:45 AM
My bin men will collect it. Not cooking oil though.