PDA

View Full Version : Guy Martin: worlds fastest van?

wiltshire builders
06-11-18, 11:15 AM
Did anyone catch this programme on c4 Sunday night? https://www.channel4.com/programmes/guy-martin-the-worlds-fastest-van
Really interesting show that follows the same format as all the other "Speed" programmes.
I think the reason it works so well is the way they explain the technology without dumbing down too much.
If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth a watch.

wheelers
06-11-18, 04:56 PM
with one of the oil pipes to a turbo loose, flames starting around the engine and he still has his foot hard down......

pulls into pit lane and parks next to fuel pumps.

Wes
06-11-18, 07:43 PM
Was well worth a watch, really good programme :)

Dazr
06-11-18, 09:50 PM
Yes good programme, kind of like Top Gear for channel 4.

wiltshire builders
06-11-18, 11:40 PM
It was amazing that he went so fast in a transit. All he changed was the engine, brakes, suspension, wheels, gearbox, electrics, bodywork and the engine position. Apart from that it was a completely standard van!

Badger-Roy
07-11-18, 09:10 AM
It was amazing that he went so fast in a transit. All he changed was the engine, brakes, suspension, wheels, gearbox, electrics, bodywork and the engine position. Apart from that it was a completely standard van!
Ah but he did keep his Chelsea boots on ;).

Mitch9128
07-11-18, 11:05 AM
I see he's just released his twelveteenth book in time for Xmas, it's all an act i'm convinced, a very lucrative act.

wiltshire builders
07-11-18, 01:59 PM
I see he's just released his twelveteenth book in time for Xmas, it's all an act i'm convinced, a very lucrative act.
What came across loud and clear in his 2nd book was that he is not a very nice person. And I bet it had been edited down quite a bit too.
I think you need to get a few TT wins under your belt before you start criticising the likes of John McGuiness.

Mitch9128
07-11-18, 02:03 PM
What came across loud and clear in his 2nd book was that he is not a very nice person. And I bet it had been edited down quite a bit too.
I think you need to get a few TT wins under your belt before you start criticising the likes of John McGuiness.

He told a mate to eff off, in some services up north, when he spotted him and asked for an autograph. I was sold for a while, even buying his first 3 books, though i got bored 5 mins into the 3rd.

Badger-Roy
07-11-18, 02:29 PM
I can only speak from personal experience but I bumped into him (quite literally) at fleet services about 4 years ago and he seemed a decent enough bloke, he was quite happy to stop and have a quick chat, if anything he seemed quite shy but as he's now been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome that could explain why. I never asked him for his autograph as id read it pees him off.

shiftyblake
08-11-18, 04:22 AM
Just to say I read one of his books and aspergers or not he came across as a bit of a C U next Tuesday. Self obsessed sort of guy.... I liked him even more for that... what a character !