PDA

View Full Version : Car Crash

GezTheHealer
13-09-18, 09:34 PM
Commuting to work yesterday, slowing down to join a queue on the A36 Roundabout just before Warminster (southbound) I got into a 4 car pile up. Person 2 cars behind said he looked down at his sat-nav, looked up and saw red lights (too late). He shunted the Fiesta into my Megane, then me on into the Scenic. I was probably shunted a good 2/3car spaces along. Thankfully, everyone walked away. Not alot of fun, 99% sure my car will be a write-off. I don't commute on the bike and could say "well I'd have been filtering if I was on the bike", but really it was completely out of the blue and was not expecting it. Glad I wasn't on the bike when in happened. Car's toast, as for me, just a bit of back ache. Feel bad for the girl behind me, she must have been about 20 and was distraught over what is probably a hire-lease basically brand new ford fiesta which she clearly expected to last alot longer. My main aspiration for the Megane was to get over 200,000 miles (was at 167,000).

I've been given a 3 litre BMW 3 Series as the hire replacement car. 0-60 in 5 seconds, 300bhp. Nice car.

Burbler
13-09-18, 09:41 PM
Had a 1.8 BMW around Brand Hatch, lubbly

Dazr
13-09-18, 09:46 PM
Hope your ok and get things sorted out.

Last Train
13-09-18, 10:26 PM
Nasty...

GezTheHealer
13-09-18, 10:28 PM
Cheers, now trawling ebay for a cheapie diesel... Mondeo Diesel, Citreon C4 Diesel, BMW 320d, Another Megane.... not quite as fun as shopping for a bike.

Badger-Roy
13-09-18, 10:30 PM
Ouch not good. the hire cars a nice bonus though, every cloud and all that ;) . Glad your ok.

Burbler
14-09-18, 08:50 AM
Hope you're fit & healthy this morning. Aches take a while to manifest themselves sometimes.

Nice hire car - how did you wangle that ??

Scotty
14-09-18, 08:50 AM
So, the instigator “looked down at his sat nav”... how long did he take his eyes off the road for to miss an upcoming red light and queuing traffic? His insurance company won’t be pleased with him, forking out for four damaged vehicles, plus PI claims... I don’t want to sound like I’m one of those ambulance-chasing tossers but keep an eye on your sore back and if it persists go and see your GP. Thank heavens that nobody was seriously hurt...

Trev_P
14-09-18, 02:20 PM
glad your ok mate, just count your stars you weren't filtering on the bike and pulled into a "space" not sure why the nob thought it necessary to look at his sat nav approching traffic, it would have audibly told him to do whatever. definitely an ID10T error

Commuting to work yesterday, slowing down to join a queue on the A36 Roundabout just before Warminster (southbound) I got into a 4 car pile up. Person 2 cars behind said he looked down at his sat-nav, looked up and saw red lights (too late). He shunted the Fiesta into my Megane, then me on into the Scenic. I was probably shunted a good 2/3car spaces along. Thankfully, everyone walked away. Not alot of fun, 99% sure my car will be a write-off. I don't commute on the bike and could say "well I'd have been filtering if I was on the bike", but really it was completely out of the blue and was not expecting it. Glad I wasn't on the bike when in happened. Car's toast, as for me, just a bit of back ache. Feel bad for the girl behind me, she must have been about 20 and was distraught over what is probably a hire-lease basically brand new ford fiesta which she clearly expected to last alot longer. My main aspiration for the Megane was to get over 200,000 miles (was at 167,000).

I've been given a 3 litre BMW 3 Series as the hire replacement car. 0-60 in 5 seconds, 300bhp. Nice car.

BB
14-09-18, 08:44 PM
Glad you are ok and hope not too stiff in the morning. :cool:

Chicky
17-09-18, 07:45 AM
Might be worth getting that back looked at...

GezTheHealer
23-09-18, 08:00 PM
Thanks, have an appointment booked with dr.

decided as they’ve given me a ridiculous big bmw as hire car to buy another car out of the rainy day fund. Decided to buy a jaguar x type saloon 2.2 £1200 with a fresh service and 3 months left on the mot. Cat N, but very tidy and drove lovely. Sold by an enthusiast who works in his family run garage. Can’t wait for my big cat.. know it could cost a lot,if so I’ll bin it and get a Fiat panda or something, until then, mmm jag.

Burbler
23-09-18, 09:16 PM
Cricketing mate of mine many yrs ago bought an old Mk 9 Jaaag.

He couldn't really afford it and I asked him how he felt about 15 mpg.

Wonderful was the reply. Leather and wood everything, silent, gorgeous.

GezTheHealer
23-09-18, 11:45 PM
This should get me 45mpg for the daily commute. I could have got another ford focus or megane, but, I didn't want to after seeing the Jag. It's not a Mark 9 or E-Type, but it doesn't look bad and it was very nice to drive. Leather is nice. Being able to have a conversation with the passengers at 70mph is nice. Refinement is very good. Turbo Diesel is smooth and actually sounds ok. Can't wait to collect it tomorrow :)

Trev_P
24-09-18, 04:31 PM
I always fancied the XF-R, now set my eyes an a porsche panamera although she who must be obeyed says no. looks like i will have to increase her life insurance lol.
anyway jags are to fast and could be dangerous, jeez you will be riding motorcycles next ;)

This should get me 45mpg for the daily commute. I could have got another ford focus or megane, but, I didn't want to after seeing the Jag. It's not a Mark 9 or E-Type, but it doesn't look bad and it was very nice to drive. Leather is nice. Being able to have a conversation with the passengers at 70mph is nice. Refinement is very good. Turbo Diesel is smooth and actually sounds ok. Can't wait to collect it tomorrow :)

BB
24-09-18, 07:16 PM
I always fancied the XF-R, now set my eyes an a porsche panamera although she who must be obeyed says no. looks like i will have to increase her life insurance lol.
anyway jags are to fast and could be dangerous, jeez you will be riding motorcycles next ;)

Can't have that lol :cool:

GezTheHealer
26-09-18, 07:43 PM

Here it is. Climate control, part leather seats, parking sensors, cd player, 18”time and a fresh service all for £1200. Popping out to Halfords now for some furry dice :)

I’ve always fancied one of the old xj’s or original s-type / mark 2’s. If you have to drive, your going to sit in traffic:might as well do it comfortably with some style.

Loving it so far :)

Badger-Roy
26-09-18, 08:47 PM

Here it is. Climate control, part leather seats, parking sensors, cd player, 18”time and a fresh service all for £1200. Popping out to Halfords now for some furry dice :)

I’ve always fancied one of the old xj’s or original s-type / mark 2’s. If you have to drive, your going to sit in traffic:might as well do it comfortably with some style.

Can't go far wrong for £1200. My dad always had jags and Daimler sovereigns when I was growing up so iv got a huge soft spot for them.

BB
26-09-18, 11:15 PM

Neat :cool:

GezTheHealer
28-09-18, 11:26 PM
Cheers, I love it, it’s causing me worries already a week in with engine light and turbo cutting out, but it’s such a nice place to be, I want it sorted.

Last Train
29-09-18, 06:59 AM
:cool: set of wheels that

GezTheHealer
30-09-18, 08:59 AM
Cheers, sorry your not out today kev, next one :)

Trev_P
30-09-18, 03:46 PM
I think you need to get that loose nut behind the wheel sorted:p

Cheers, I love it, it’s causing me worries already a week in with engine light and turbo cutting out, but it’s such a nice place to be, I want it sorted.

GezTheHealer
03-10-18, 08:50 PM
Loose nut... The cheek! I took the car back to the guy I bought it from and he replaced the turbo actuator controller without charge. It’s run without issue since. Quite pleased. It has a few little foibles, though it is 12 years old and forgivable. Certainly recommend one, so far, can’t believe it cost less than the bike. Lots of car for the money :)

Trev_P
03-10-18, 09:53 PM
glad it's all sorted mate :)

Loose nut... The cheek! I took the car back to the guy I bought it from and he replaced the turbo actuator controller without charge. It’s run without issue since. Quite pleased. It has a few little foibles, though it is 12 years old and forgivable. Certainly recommend one, so far, can’t believe it cost less than the bike. Lots of car for the money :)