PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the year?

Wes
21-03-18, 06:06 PM
Anyone got anything booked yet? Got a few trackdays sorted, and we ( me and Sam) are heading back over to Northern Ireland again in may for the NW200 :)

DC
21-03-18, 08:27 PM
In my 50th year , clock the 50,000th mile on the old girl in her 10th year !!! Eat ice cream at the beach , and maybe enjoy some Mountains and Lochs :cool:

Badger-Roy
22-03-18, 05:34 AM
Finances allowing, this year I'm hoping to finally buy the goldwing Iv been lusting after since I was 9. The problem is I get attached to the bikes Iv already got so won't sell them and every time I get a few quid put aside I buy something else, I brought a KTM exc450 yestaday and already scared myself silly on it.;)

BB
22-03-18, 09:49 AM
NW200 as usual, some UK touring and Classic TT/MGP booked so far. :cool:

Trev
22-03-18, 10:12 AM
Scotland in a few weeks time - hoping to pick a dryish week!

IAM Skills day at Thruxton in May, Africa Twin if it's wet (like last year!), drag the old GSXR out if it's dry and try and squeeze into my leathers : (

I'm off to Dublin on business early June and toying with taking the ferry over on the bike and riding West coast for a few days, will be weather dependent as tried it a few years back and coincided with one of the worst storms for years.

Going to Corsica via the wiggly way down and back in the Summer in the van with bike in the back. Away for three weeks, probably won't get too many bike miles in but hope to ride some nice roads on Corsica (there for a week) and have a bit of a potter in the Black Forest and on the way back up through France.

On a non-biking note, I'm taking the car around Castle Combe in May on the Fast Ford day, never been around a circuit driving a car, hope the other drivers go easy on me!

WR6133
22-03-18, 12:25 PM
Plan this year is to find some time to ride it other than commuting. I can count on 1 hand how many times I actually rode for fun last year.

Also looking for a smaller one as a toy, been hunting for a decent 600 SRAD but it seems anyone with one that doesn't look like it was tossed in the sea for 3 months before being ram raided through demon tweaks wants silly money.

Wanted to ride Europe but as we've just bought a house I think all my holiday is going to be eaten up with that.

And I'm finally going to get the old V75 road worthy this year.

Trev
22-03-18, 03:11 PM
Plan this year is to find some time to ride it other than commuting. I can count on 1 hand how many times I actually rode for fun last year.

Also looking for a smaller one as a toy, been hunting for a decent 600 SRAD but it seems anyone with one that doesn't look like it was tossed in the sea for 3 months before being ram raided through demon tweaks wants silly money.

Wanted to ride Europe but as we've just bought a house I think all my holiday is going to be eaten up with that.

And I'm finally going to get the old V75 road worthy this year.

Congrats on the house Chris, I know that's something you've been working hard toward. Let's make sure we catch up for a ride or two this year when you get a spare few hours.

WR6133
22-03-18, 05:38 PM
Let's make sure we catch up for a ride or two this year when you get a spare few hours.

Upcoming bank holiday weekend?

Burbler
22-03-18, 06:55 PM

Suits me sir...if there is no tsunami or it's not raining frogs. Fri. or Mon.

Badger-Roy
22-03-18, 08:08 PM
On a non-biking note, I'm taking the car around Castle Combe in May on the Fast Ford day, never been around a circuit driving a car, hope the other drivers go easy on me!
I used to own an MG midget and the MG owners club rented silverstone circuit for a day, I got about 25 laps in and had a whale of a time, my top speed was less than a ton all day but in a car where your arse is inches of the ground a ton seems silly fast, lots of back end out fun was had :).

Trev
22-03-18, 09:06 PM

Sorry in Cornwall for that weekend.

I'm off to Haynes museum for biker brekkie 15th April if you're about that weekend

WR6133
23-03-18, 09:07 PM
I'm off to Haynes museum for biker brekkie 15th April if you're about that weekend

I'll keep that day clear.

Dazr
23-03-18, 10:49 PM
Definitely make more time to get out on the bike for a few rideouts with the WB crew, would like to get a touring bike (finances permitting) quite like the BMW F800GS.

Kevin
14-11-18, 07:10 PM
So, this year has almost ended. What about your plans? Have you already made progress? Personally I wanted to travel more this year, but when my wife and I found out we will have the second baby soon, we had to change our plans. Anyway, this year is happy for us :)

Wes
14-11-18, 09:27 PM
Yep, made the NW200 and it was the best weather yet, the opposite could be said for the moto GP, but there's always next year. Did Silverstone International circuit for the first time on track and had a really good time. Oulton park 2 dayer with OMCC, Pembrey was epic as was Llandow with the Southwest Bikers, always a really good day out. A few Rides out with WB, great company as always. Aberdare Park road racing was brilliant to watch, the weather there was amazing. Sam is really enjoying being Pillion on the bike, which is great for me.

BB
14-11-18, 10:57 PM
We did NW200, Scotland with friends, Finland (fly ride on friends bikes) Classic TT/MGP, IOW weekend and presently Ghost is in Vietnam on a trail bike holiday with friends.
Next year? NW200, TT, Classic TT/MGP is all we have in the diary at present but I'm sure we will have a few other jollies in there soon :cool:

Mitch9128
15-11-18, 10:32 AM
Was made redundant 2 weeks back, start a new job on 26th, in Belgium working for NATO. What does this mean for me? It means i'll be chopping in the Fireblade for a ZZR1400, to make that journey home at weekends in Spring/Summer/Autumn :D

BB
15-11-18, 11:34 AM
Was made redundant 2 weeks back, start a new job on 26th, in Belgium working for NATO. What does this mean for me? It means i'll be chopping in the Fireblade for a ZZR1400, to make that journey home at weekends in Spring/Summer/Autumn :D

Sorry to hear that Mitch, but good luck in your new venture:cool:

Mitch9128
15-11-18, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear that Mitch, but good luck in your new venture:cool:

Thanks, but 'meh', i had been there 12 years, worked from home 99% of the time, and by work i mean mow lawn and walk dogs, it was time to move on. I got a great payout, and will be earning double in the new role, money isn't everything, but it sure can buy everything :)

BB
15-11-18, 02:14 PM
Thanks, but 'meh', i had been there 12 years, worked from home 99% of the time, and by work i mean mow lawn and walk dogs, it was time to move on. I got a great payout, and will be earning double in the new role, money isn't everything, but it sure can buy everything :)

Result :cool:

fragglepete
16-11-18, 07:52 PM
I hope for next year just to do more riding like this year. Lots of miles under my belt during the warm and sunny weather this year, a lot commuting back and forth to Swindon during the Summer Hols but of course the wonderful rides with you lot have been most enjoyable.

But, ideally would like to do the National Bike Rally this year - looks so much fun.

Maybe a ride down to Eastbourne way for a few days to catch up with a lot of friends I have down there.

Would like to aim for advance rider qualifications as well - again, just to do a bit more riding!

However, plans may not work out depending on what happens in the new year. An old injury I did over 4 years ago that was repaired has become infected and it looks like I'm spending two weeks in hospital having two operations! Potentially could end up on crutches again for at least 2 months so I just hope that it all gets done and dusted before Spring is upon us. :(

Pete

BB
16-11-18, 10:06 PM
Sorry to hear that Pete, hope all works out for you.

Burbler
17-11-18, 08:04 AM
An old injury I did over 4 years ago that was repaired has become infected and it looks like I'm spending two weeks in hospital having two operations! Potentially could end up on crutches again for at least 2 months so I just hope that it all gets done and dusted before Spring is upon us. :(Pete

Let us know if / when. We'll bring you some 'grapes'. Good luck.