PDA

View Full Version : Brr...

Last Train
24-02-18, 10:28 AM
:eek:

Not much else to say really....

BB
24-02-18, 01:09 PM
Just walked into town, definitely fresh out there. Nice in the sun but not in the shade! Wonder whats on tv today?...

DC
24-02-18, 03:05 PM
The Beast from the East :)

Dazr
24-02-18, 10:45 PM
And there was me thinking spring was on its way.....

Burbler
25-02-18, 10:19 AM
Zero or below from tomorrow > Saturday.

BB
25-02-18, 11:58 AM
Zero or below from tomorrow > Saturday.

Can't wait! Typically need to travel later this week for a funeral :(

Dabz
25-02-18, 03:39 PM
It’s quite nice out there today especially in the sun. Lots of bikes about

Won’t be so happy when I’m de-icing the car at 6.45 tomorrow morning I’m sure...

Last Train
25-02-18, 05:01 PM
I’m sat here watching a bit of Ronnie O’Sullivan and it looks absolutely gorgeous out.

So, so tempting to nip out for a quick bimble.

Once you get moving though, You know bits will be in danger of falling off :eek:

DC
25-02-18, 05:09 PM
I went out for a squirt , bloody lovely out there , but a tad chilly , glad I'm back indoors :cool:

Wes
25-02-18, 06:48 PM
Went out on Saturday, Bath and then down through cheddar gorge, back up to Bristol on the airport road and a stop off at fowlers for a cuppa. :)

BB
25-02-18, 08:45 PM
Don was out today with a group of friends on the old bikes, had a great run but said it was a tad nippy!

Badger-Roy
25-02-18, 09:06 PM
I took the cx500 out for about 45mins this morning after washing it to dry it off then come home got warm and rode down to Bournemouth on the guzzi, only bit that got really cold was the line down my stomach where my jacket zips up, I solved this by stopping of at a garage in Salisbury and picking up a couple of free local newspapers and putting them under my jacket ;). i thoroughly enjoyed it and the fish and chips I had in Bournemouth made it even better. :)

DC
25-02-18, 09:50 PM
I took the cx500 out for about 45mins this morning after washing it to dry it off then come home got warm and rode down to Bournemouth on the guzzi, only bit that got really cold was the line down my stomach where my jacket zips up, I solved this by stopping of at a garage in Salisbury and picking up a couple of free local newspapers and putting them under my jacket ;). i thoroughly enjoyed it and the fish and chips I had in Bournemouth made it even better. :)

How was the CX , did you manage to sort out the missing issue ?

Badger-Roy
25-02-18, 10:02 PM
How was the CX , did you manage to sort out the missing issue ?
I changed the inline petrol filter, emptied a can of carb cleaner in the carbs and then took all the electrics of and gave them a good clean up and its running like a dream now, I think it was a combination of running the tank to low and sucking up the crud in the tank and 37 years worth of crap getting in all the electrical connections. All seems A-ok now ;).

DC
25-02-18, 10:30 PM
I changed the inline petrol filter, emptied a can of carb cleaner in the carbs and then took all the electrics of and gave them a good clean up and its running like a dream now, I think it was a combination of running the tank to low and sucking up the crud in the tank and 37 years worth of crap getting in all the electrical connections. All seems A-ok now ;).

Proper job :cool:

Badger-Roy
25-02-18, 10:37 PM
Proper job :cool:
I put the cx and the guzzi up for sale today and the zl600 "may" join them, I love em all but got a yearning for a gold-wing

Last Train
25-02-18, 10:38 PM
I’m off next week :)

Doesn’t look like I’ll be riding much though.

Snow/blizzards later in the week I hear.

Badger-Roy
25-02-18, 10:40 PM
I’m off next week :)

Doesn’t look like I’ll be riding much though.

Snow/blizzards later in the week I hear.
i believe the correct term for that is "Sod's law".

Last Train
25-02-18, 10:44 PM
Yep.

What is it with the Goldwing then ?

Long term lust or sudden whim ?

Badger-Roy
25-02-18, 10:47 PM
Yep.

What is it with the Goldwing then ?

Long term lust or sudden whim ?
When I was about 9 I remember seeing one and wanting it so much it hurt, I saw one last week and got the same feeling so long term lust and sudden whim at the same time really lol. :)

Last Train
26-02-18, 12:19 PM
:cool:

I go week at the knees when I see a big 2 smoke.

I grew up with Elsies, Gamma's and the like and always fancied one of their bigger brothers.

Badger-Roy
26-02-18, 02:34 PM
:cool:

I go week at the knees when I see a big 2 smoke.

I grew up with Elsies, Gamma's and the like and always fancied one of their bigger brothers.
the smell of a 2smoke as it goes past brings back long forgotten memory's.

Dazr
26-02-18, 06:29 PM
I put the cx and the guzzi up for sale today and the zl600 "may" join them, I love em all but got a yearning for a gold-wing

You like changing your bikes....

Badger-Roy
26-02-18, 06:45 PM
You like changing your bikes....
This is true :). So many bikes out there and so little time lol. The only one that's really safe is my triumph, I still love it as much as the day I brought it.

DC
26-02-18, 06:53 PM
It's bitter out there on the bike , looking forward to warm digits and summer gloves !