PDA

View Full Version : Biker Friendly Pubs

Temporaltraveller
13-12-14, 11:12 AM
Hi All,
Met a guy the other day who turned out to be the publican at the Packhorse Inn at Larkhill. He knew I was a biker and said that his pub welcomed bikers groups - lots of parking round the back. Just wondered if anyone had been there and knew what it was like, maybe some WB groups have used this pub in the past? 😊
Tony

WhyNot
18-12-14, 10:15 AM
Its not a pub i've been to but the pubs down the road in Upavon are good, also a nice ride to get to them from Larkhill too.

Roll on summer months :(

Trev
18-12-14, 01:22 PM
Don't find too many (or at least ones I would want to go into) that don't seem okay towards someone turning up on bike, I guess it's the thought of turning some of that cash usually spent on posh helmets and Goretex into beer money that melllows landlords these days

Dabz
18-12-14, 03:50 PM
To be fair a pub's biggest markup is on soft drinks and that's what bikers tend to drink when stopping off...as a demographic we offer great profit margins to pub landlords :)

Burbler
18-12-14, 05:47 PM

Graham
13-01-15, 11:50 AM
Try the White Swan in Trowbridge. Classic old school bikers pub - live music saturday evenings as well as an excellent juke box. Don't expect plush furnishings, carpets or food though.

Kevinb
14-01-15, 01:36 PM
Try the White Swan in Trowbridge. Classic old school bikers pub - live music saturday evenings as well as an excellent juke box. Don't expect plush furnishings, carpets or food though.

I tend to go to the Black Horse or Farmhouse. Both not dedicated biker pubs but friendly and the foods great at the Farmhouse.

sburv
23-01-15, 03:59 PM
I realise I've been away for some time but what ever happened to the Salutation Inn up past Castle Combe where we used to hold the club meets...?

wasted_ace
23-01-15, 06:04 PM
The Sally bike meets died a death some years ago...
A real shame as its a nice pub and easy to reach from Bristol...

Dabz
23-01-15, 06:09 PM
Yeh Darren sold up and it was empty for a bit, now a bit of a foodie's pub and not running bike nights. Was a decent blast on a Thursday night when we had our weekly WB meets there :)

Col
19-02-15, 06:52 PM
^^^^ saw it was for sale ...may have been sold by now ?