PDA

View Full Version : Caravan site for homeless ex-soldier.

Mitch9128
11-12-14, 03:04 PM
Ayup WB'rs, haven't been on here in a long time, need some local help, so here i am. Mrs M is coordinator for Opendoor in Devizes the homeless charity, one of her 'customers' is a homeless ex-soldier, currently sleeping in a tent in the woods....BBBBRRRR. Someone has offered him a caravan, but he has no-where to site it, she's rang round all the usual campsites, excuses excuses as you can imagine. SSAFA will fund the cost no problem, and have offered to buy him a generator if he can't get somewhere with electric hookup, so has anyone any ideas where he could site it?

TIA
Mitch

Mitch9128
11-12-14, 03:06 PM
BTW the homeless ex-soldier isn't me, she hasn't kicked me out yet :)

WR6133
11-12-14, 03:08 PM
Common land? Pikey's seem to do it without issue.

Swanny
11-12-14, 06:49 PM
Easier for Pikeys they are Freemen on the land and operate under common law

cuffy
11-12-14, 08:36 PM
Ask local business's. They might relish the fact that they have some sort of security on site, even if he isn't employed as a security guard the deterrent might work?

WhyNot
12-12-14, 01:36 PM
There is a caravan site local to me that takes on permanant pitches in the winter with electrical hook up, water, washing machines, dryers etc. Its ran by my landlord and i'd be happy to put a word in? Details are here -

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=11293

Its in Marlborough though but relatively close to the town.

Nooj
12-12-14, 03:02 PM
Farms are another option. I have a mate who 'odd-jobs' on a farm in Warwickshire and in return they let him live in a static caravan in their yard.

Gooz
29-12-14, 12:01 PM
Try Sean May west bury cement works social club, they hAve caravans there I believe