PDA

View Full Version : chimney flue repairs around Calne

wheelers
17-10-14, 06:15 PM
buying a house for our son and his new family we had an independent check on the heating as owner had not had the service done for last 4 years and wouldn't pay for it to sell. result of check was the gas was turned off as the chimney flue was supposedly leaking
estate agents and both lots of solicitors cant get seller to do the work and we are afraid he wont sell the house and its the best one on the market.
they don't want to loose house but we are due to exchange on Monday and are not sure if we should as don't know what its going to cost to repair to safety standard.

looking for someone in the area who can do as one we have rung cant do to middle of december

wiltshire builders
18-10-14, 07:13 AM
Try Chris Brown 07979 555000 and tell him Dan gave you his number.
He's ex British gas, a really nice bloke and also a biker.

Vulcanboy
19-10-14, 10:18 AM
When I looked a having a liner put in my chimney 7 yrs ago (fortunately, it was not required) it came to between £1k and £2k to put in a double skinned stainless steel chimney liner. It is likely to be a lot more now, and even more if access and height are difficult.

Seems to me that if the repairs are not already reflected in the selling price, you should drop the price you offer. If this is not agreeable to the seller .... walk away! Richard