PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong Documentary

wiltshire builders
08-07-14, 04:34 PM
Did anyone catch the Lance Armstrong film last night?
I thought it was really well made and handled the whole thing in a frank and to the point manner without sensationalising it like many film makers do.
As for Armstrong himself, I can't make my mind up.

Morticia
09-08-14, 03:51 PM
Watched them both, REALLY enjoyed it. I don't like the guy though. I could win the tour too if I took the **** he had, and it makes me soooooooooooooo mad that he lied for years, bullying and insulting everyone who said he was using dope. The man is, in my opinion, a narcissistic twat.

cuffy
11-08-14, 11:18 AM
I think he should be commended, i tried riding a bike on drugs once, hit a dog and fell in the canal.

Trev
11-08-14, 12:21 PM
I think he should be commended, i tried riding a bike on drugs once, hit a dog and fell in the canal.

You need to find a different steroid supplier ; )

wiltshire builders
11-08-14, 04:35 PM
I'm currently reading 7 deadly sins by David Walsh.
He's the journalist that refused to believe in him when everyone else did and was the one who eventually brought him down.

I've heard a lot of people say that they could win events/races if they used steroids etc.
you couldn't. In fact you couldn't even finish one stage of the tour.

I'm not excusing Armstrong's actions but this runs a lot deeper than the riders.
Any team manager that claims to be unaware of a doping programme within their team is a liar.
Let's not forget that the Tour director at the time was 5 times winner Bernard Hinlaut.
He won 5 times whilst doping was at its peak yet claims the sport was drug free.

Armstrong is a turd of the highest calibre but he is just a pawn in a much bigger game.
The teams, sponsors and tour directors all have to answer for his and other riders crimes but I fear they will get away with it.

Trev
11-08-14, 04:54 PM
Armstrong is a turd of the highest calibre

Don't beat about the bush, go on, say what you mean : )

wiltshire builders
11-08-14, 05:05 PM
Don't beat about the bush, go on, say what you mean : )

I was going to call him a Rapscallion but thought it was going a bit too far.

Morticia
11-08-14, 10:51 PM

PMSL!

Morticia
11-08-14, 10:54 PM
I've heard a lot of people say that they could win events/races if they used steroids etc.
you couldn't. In fact you couldn't even finish one stage of the tour.

I disagree, I only take a pre workout on shoulders day and I'm a beast!

wiltshire builders
11-08-14, 10:56 PM
I disagree, I only take a pre workout on shoulders day and I'm a beast!

I'm not going to argue��

Morticia
11-08-14, 10:59 PM
I'm not going to argue��

Not if I've taken my pre workout you shouldn't :)