PDA

View Full Version : Greetings And Felicitations!! Posh Eh?

Amante_271
03-03-06, 11:04 AM
Hi Folks. Got to admit I found you by accident BUT Ive been to visit every day since!
About me! Many moons ago I used to Drag race a HOME BUILT SUZI x7 (250 air cooled twin for the youngsters) but I gave it up for the love of a woman.... I know SUCKER!!! We are now bitterly divorced with 2 kids that I get limited access to :-[ (my X was a real Babe... Just like the one in the film!) but I have re-married (DONT START!) to a Beautiful 20 year old (Im 41!) and we have a 6 month old daughter called Roxanne! ;) ;)
Im trying to build an off road buggy at the moment using an old Air cooled 2stroke (see WANTED/BREAKERS)
I live in Calne & work as Area Team Fundraising Manager for a charity helping kids with Cerebral Palsy.
I dont have a bike at the moment (my son has a mini moto scrambler here that I got him for Christmas!) I'd love a trike but I will get on to that if the off road buggy progect works out ok!
I play pool for a pub team in Melksham on Tuesdays.

Better shut up now!!! talk soon Bye!!!!!

Dabz
03-03-06, 12:55 PM
20 yr old, niceone :)

project buggy sounds very cool :D also the home build suzi sounds ace!

welcome to the forums

Rich_aka_Baldspeed
03-03-06, 05:58 PM
welcome dude, drag bike and buggy sounds cool. Get some pics up on the bugy if you can, still bike related er sort off

Amante_271
04-03-06, 06:32 AM
Cheers Guys!

Will keep you informed bout the buggy etc.

I raced the X7 for quite a few yrs and it was street legal JUST!

If you want I could tell you what I did to it but the 1/4 mile time was 12.26sec ORIGINAL 16.96 7 speed tested at 137.6mph! Not bad for a 271cc 2 stroke (hence the name Amante 271)

Dabz
04-03-06, 09:45 AM
geez 12.26 1/4 mile from 271cc is mad!

Amante_271
04-03-06, 11:25 PM
I got the bike bog standard over the counter, stripped it into 3 piles 1, Engine, 2 frame forks & wheels and 3 junk!
Engine wise it had 2 base gaskets 2/5ths of a head gasket to raise the ports and re-gain compression. Modified Micron Spannies, S&B air filters, 105 mainjets, Hy-tech race reeds, TS125 1st oversize pistons & rings.
Seat was taken from a TZ350 Yam with Triumph tiger rear light, Micron ace bars, stearing damper (!) 3teeth less on the rear sprocket. Halfords spot lights on a home made bracket - high beam on top of low (130w/80w - BRIGHT!!!) KH400 Clocks. Under tank lighting - who said "bling" was a new thing! I think thats the bulk of it! Oh by the way this was done 23YEARS AGO!!!!!!

Mac
04-03-06, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the forums mate...
Any plans for getting a bike for the future?? or are your women keeping their pennies away from u?? lol

Amante_271
04-03-06, 11:37 PM
No, senior management is cool with me getting another bike. im working on an off road buggy project - for my son.... HONEST!!! But Id love to have a go at a sensible Trike...
A V8 Rover or a Canadian import V-Max some thing for the weekend with a bit of poke to it!!!