PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

slowlysafelysurely
09-06-06, 04:35 PM
Just a quick hello. Just moved back to the Uk from Spain and met up with Jeff a fellow Falco rider on another site and he recommended I join.

Had a quick ride out with him last week and enjoyed and with this weather will be looking for a few more. Am based between Swindon and Malmsbury.

Just also bought a GSXR1000 K5 basically cus it was a really good deal but I think the missus will go mad if I keep it, so will have a play for the next few weeks and then be looking to sell If anyone is interested

Hope to meet up with some of you soon

Kev

BB
09-06-06, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the friendly madhouse, look forward to meeting you on a rideout soon.

BB

Scott_W
09-06-06, 04:59 PM
Welcome to the site Kev! Great choice of bike!

blurbiker247
09-06-06, 06:37 PM
Hi Kev, nice bike, welcome, you find its a bit like the rocky horror show on two wheels :-/

slowlysafelysurely
09-06-06, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. I actually ride the Falco all of the time, I find it a great all round bike. The gixxer well its just mental and if I could afford to have it a a track tool I would but for now its just to play with and sell on before the summe is over.

GixerBoy
10-06-06, 01:20 AM
Welcome SSS!
Now,don't be silly,sell the Falco and keep the Gixer....You're get used to the power and then you won't be able to live without it ::)...........I need help..... :o :-[

Amante_271
10-06-06, 07:25 AM
Welcome to the Asylum for the Moderately Bewildered!

How much You gonna sell the GSXR for?

slowlysafelysurely
10-06-06, 08:30 AM
Welcome to the Asylum for the Moderately Bewildered!

How much You gonna sell the GSXR for?

Only moderately bewildered ;) I seem to be constantly confused :-?

The GSXR not 100% sure, truth is I got it for a steal. It is an 05 bike with only 1400 miles and I guess I will at most put a couple of hundred on it if that, it is basically as new. I will be looking for about 6400. I am still waiting for the V5 to come back but if you are interested let me know and you are welcome to come and have a look, (the sooner I sell it the happier the missus will be) She cant understand why you need more than 1 bike

Tommy
10-06-06, 09:39 AM
Hi mate and welcome sell the missus and the Gixer and buy a Duke!

Dabz
10-06-06, 09:39 AM
welcome to the site :)

Amante_271
10-06-06, 10:07 AM
Hi mate and welcome sell the missus and the Gixer and buy a Duke!
Possibly a cheaper option!!!

BB
10-06-06, 06:11 PM
Only moderately bewildered ;) I seem to be constantly confused :-?

the sooner I sell it the happier the missus will be) She cant understand why you need more than 1 bike

Tell her it's the same as having more than one pair of shoes! Something for every occasion or mood.

BB

I only have four bikes on the road...

onfire23
10-06-06, 06:15 PM
Yep sell the Gixer, you know it makes sense! Could end up in Divorce :'( :'( :'( :'(
;D ;D

Amante_271
10-06-06, 11:11 PM
Yep sell the Gixer, you know it makes sense! Could end up in Divorce :'( :'( :'( :'(
;D ;D

Bin there, done that .... NOT NICE!!!!! :'( :'( Wouldnt wish that on ANYBODY!!!

BB
11-06-06, 10:12 AM
Well, Slowlysafelysurely, when you get fed up with it or the Missus wins, stick it on the For Sale thread. I'm sure there are other wannabe gixer riders on here! ;D ;D

BB

RVFBabe
12-06-06, 08:50 AM
hello another newbie :)

Jeff
13-06-06, 09:57 AM
Hey mate glad you found the site. You'll find the locals pretty friendly, though I wouldn't get too involved in the 'which cloned Jap 4 is better' arguement ;D :o

Give me a shout 'bout a ride soon.

Jeff

GixerBoy
13-06-06, 12:53 PM
Hey mate glad you found the site. You'll find the locals pretty friendly, though I wouldn't get too involved in the 'which cloned Jap 4 is better' arguement ;D :o

Jeff

Easy Prilla boy! ;D :o ::)

Jeff
13-06-06, 01:10 PM
Easy Prilla boy! ;D :o ::)

;D I did wonder who would reply first ;D

Don't you just love those ex-4cyl bike riders preaching the twin bible ;) :)

(Though I would have to say that my '94 Urban Tiger Fireblade was one of the best bikes I have owned ;D)

slowlysafelysurely
14-06-06, 12:41 AM

Jeff

I wont get in to the 2cyl v 4cyl argument then ::), although just to add my tuppence the most fun I have had on a bike on the road is one with 1 cylinder. A free beer to the first person to guess the bike ;)

I will be keeping the aprilia cus I think it is a great bike and perfect for the road although the next time I come out it may be on the gsxr cus I want to get a bit of use out of it before I sell it :-/

Let me know when you are next out and about and I'll try an catch up with you

BB
14-06-06, 07:23 AM
CG125?
XT500?
AJS 16M?

BB

Not that I'm desperate for a beer you understand! ::)

slowlysafelysurely
14-06-06, 09:22 AM
CG125?
XT500?
AJS 16M?

BB

Not that I'm desperate for a beer you understand! ::)

None of the above!

Jeff
14-06-06, 10:01 AM
I could answer this - but since you told me the other week I'll leave it to one of our other alcohol dependent friends ;)

BB
14-06-06, 10:45 PM
I'll have you know I haven't touched a drop since, ooh, must be yesterday!

C90

no one else playing?

Amante_271
15-06-06, 07:25 AM
Could you (as a youngster) of been corupted by the arm wrenching power of a.....

FS1E?
;D

If not give us a clue! What ccs did it have?

Jeff
15-06-06, 09:27 AM
Here's a hint - rarely seen on the roads though they are SUPER fun!!! ;) ;)

GixerBoy
15-06-06, 12:31 PM
Super Puch Maxi??? :D

Amante_271
15-06-06, 01:21 PM
GOT IT!!! Its a Honda Super (wet) Dream but with only 1 cylinder working! Not an unusual problem I seem to recall!! LOL!!! ;D

slowlysafelysurely
16-06-06, 01:44 AM
The sad thing is I have had most of those bikes at one time or another. An old C90 that I used to ride around the woods on as a 12 year old and a FSIE as my first 'ped' on the road.

But the bike that was pound for pound the most fun I have ever ridden on the road and on a few track days a Husaberg FS650. Mine had a full FP race system, 41mm falat side carb and was putting out close to 70bhp at the back wheel whilst only weighing 105kg. Would wheely off the power in 3rd easily and in 4th if you got the nack. Loads of fun without having to go over 80mph
I did a track day at Rockingham on it and was putting in faster lap times than 3 friends all on sports bikes.

Its actually the perfect compliment to the Falco, mmmm I wonder if I can pursuade he missus ;)

BB
16-06-06, 07:34 AM
I've read reviews on them - Nutcase! ;)