PDA

View Full Version : hello wiltshire bikers!

koopsy
07-01-07, 01:58 AM
Hi all. Been looking for some local bikers interested in ride-outs, and just came across your website. currently own a vmax, because I was looking for something a bit more laid back ;) after a nasty fall from my le mans last year coming out of cheddar gorge. timely reminder that a 15 year old bike ridden by a 43 year old cannot keep pace with an Aprilia mille! having ridden all sorts, i have the v twin bug. did the v-twin rally at fordingbridge last year, fantastic weekend event camped by a river with bands/beer etc, now miss the moto-guzzi cameraderi but dont think i can convince them that my bike is 2 v-twins glued together! shame the gritters were out couple of weeks ago, roads got very slippy, but rain seems to have washed most of it away :) Not into silly speeds anymore, especially not round corners on mr max, so if anyone fancies a relaxing ride out sometime in the trowbridge area count me in.

Graham 'Koopsy'

GixerBoy
07-01-07, 10:08 AM
Welcome to WB Graham!

Dabz
07-01-07, 10:36 AM
welcome! where did you find us? There's plenty of us who don't mind a more relaxd ride, and in Trowbridge there's me and BB for starters :)

jj
07-01-07, 11:42 AM
welcome mate

BB
07-01-07, 01:39 PM
Hi and welcome to WB. Look forward to meeting you soon, as Dabz said we are both based in Trowbridge.

As well as the FZ1 I have an Italian V twin - Morini 3½. Used to do the V twin rally too, great rally and great cameraderie. This was back when it was held in Shaftesbury on the cricket pitch. They used to fence off the wicket area to stop us damaging the ground and then they went and built a bleeding Tesco on it! ::)

BB

gixerjonny
07-01-07, 04:43 PM
welcome G

koopsy
07-01-07, 07:16 PM
i was looking for a company in southwick that does custom paint jobs and typed various words into google including 'wiltshire' and 'motorcycle', up comes Wiltshire Bikers! Still haven't tracked down the guy in southwick though. am thinking of getting the air scoops on the vmax painted black, as i'm not big on shiny bits (would have bought a harley!).
only had the moto-guzzi for a year and never did the v-twin at shaftebury - i thought that was just a convenient town to get to spread eagle and avoid all those twisties on the A350 ;D
maybe when the weather is better the trowbridge bikers could meet up for a run to the lysley arms, just a thought. i work in bristol so am a bit boring during the week due to lack of time at home. when is the lysley arms bike meet?

BB
07-01-07, 07:27 PM
Lysley is every Monday evening. The official bike meet runs through the summer months but there is a club meets there all year anyway. I have been up there out of season and met other bikers. Dabz & I were on about going up - in a car! ;)

I'll if anyone I know can find out about the Southwick paint shop.

BB

Tommy
07-01-07, 07:27 PM
Hi mate! keep the V Twin faith!

koopsy
09-01-07, 12:35 AM
theres an ad for the southwick custom paint man (could be an artistic lady i suppose) on the noticeboard at GM Stevens bikes in trowbridge (nutz 4 bikes, highly recommended for parts, especially stay shiney fasteners which i wouldnt let near my bike of course) but i cant remember the details. an excuse for me to visit and spend some more money on the bike....

koopsy
09-01-07, 12:37 AM
must remember this is the introduce yourself page thingy, better start chatting somewhere else...

BB
09-01-07, 01:08 PM
must remember this is the introduce yourself page thingy, better start chatting somewhere else...

Err, we do tend to chat anywhere and on anyones thread... bad habit! :(

BB

R1chie
09-01-07, 01:28 PM
http://www.reefpaintshop.co.uk/index.htm

koopsy
09-01-07, 09:31 PM
cheers ninja richie, thats the one!

R1chie
10-01-07, 05:14 PM
no worries

welcome btw

Rod
13-01-07, 12:36 PM
Hi Graham, Have you put a picture of your bike in the gallery? I am 49 and ride a Harley, see pic in gallery as it's far from standard. Can you tell me more about the V twin rally at Fordingbridge. I live a stone throw away at Woodfalls

BB
13-01-07, 05:00 PM
Rod

It's 24-27th August 2007 - International V Twin Rally, Fordingbridge, Hants. Pre-book only, Tickets: £25 (members booking before 10/08/2007) £28 for late booking and non-members. See the Moto Guzzi Club GB site at http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/events/events.asp

BB

rex_the_sprocket
13-01-07, 08:39 PM
Welcome fella - nice to have something with a bit of character (meaning lots of noise, dubious reliability but lovely styling).

Dave
05-02-07, 07:47 PM
Hi, im 10 miles past Warminster from you guys - place called Wylye. I also have a V Twin :) Not sure I qualify for the sedate riding club though - apparently i ride far too fast for my own good, but ill keep an eye on the meetup threads :) :)