PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone!!

i.s.d.t.des
26-02-07, 04:30 PM
i would just like to say hi,
and if anybody rides the local trails on classic bikes feel free to get in touch!
i know that at the grand old age of 35 i`m just a snotty nosed young kid in the realms
of the classic bike world! but on the other hand, that makes me young enough to know
that a classic is not just for polishing and tarmac trips out on sunny days!

i have just moved from weymouth dorset to stalbridge north dorset

and have family friends in and around warminster,
so any info on trails or clubs would be great!

and my way into classic bikes........., well it could be called, well, different;
i was a mod from school thru to my mid twenties so i have owned various classic scooters.
it was at about that time my intrest in mountain biking overtook the need for italian steel and english chrome, and went from the early days of cross country racing-full on downhill and throwing myself and bike off of various places on portland and other places.

of course all good things come to an end, and so did this chapter, rather abruptly, consisting of two dislocated knee`s and a fractured scull!!!

it was in my recovery period out of hospital that a mates dad gave me a dvd "6 of the scottish" about one of the old international six day trials from the 50s and 60s, he thought something a little more sedate may apeal, and it did just that, i picked up an old and unloved royal enfield 350 bullet and have restored her to a reliabillity trials spec (its taken quite a long time as i have also gained a wife and my lovely daughter during the rebuild), now the bike is ready for its m.o.t.

so... here i am, looking for places to ride (don`t want to piss off landowners.)

and people to ride with!

regards,
des. 8-)

Genisis
26-02-07, 04:37 PM
Welcome afraid to say i don't know any off any local Trial bike tracks or places you can run without people complaining ;D

Dabz
26-02-07, 04:53 PM
welcome to WB :) The Bath Classic Motorcycle Club may be your best bet, PM me your email address and I'll pass it on to the club chairperson :)

Rayzer
26-02-07, 06:24 PM
Welcome along m8,hope to see more posts from you.

alanTDM
26-02-07, 07:59 PM
Hi Des i use to be in the TRF riding greenlanes around wilts and beyond http://www.trf.org.uk/
there is a Dorset group aswell.i got some marked up OS maps bit old but they need to be updated as the laws have changed since they were marked due to the the C.R.O.W act.

HC8
26-02-07, 10:08 PM
Hi and welcome

and since when was 35 old pft!!

I do know what you mean about green lanes as i ride horses too i am forever battling with the councils to keep
bridleways open some of which are designated green lanes too - keep up the good fight :D

FJ_Biker
26-02-07, 10:26 PM
Hello Des and Welcome,

Taff