PDA

View Full Version : Warminster, volunteers wanted.

bikerben
06-05-07, 05:02 PM
Hello Folks, I've got a 1992 Kawasaki Zephyr on the road and I am looking forward to getting a few miles in this summer (sorry all you hardened year round bikers, but I enjoy riding a lot more than cleaning so I only venture out when there is little chance of rain!). As we all know, bikers are a charitable lot, are there any of you that could spare a few hours a month (as little or as much as you can manage) to help a few Warminster residents that are wheelchair users? one of whom is as a result of a motorcycle accident (it could appen to any of us!!) Please let me know if you may be able to help and I will put you in touch with the co-ordinator. Cheers Ben.

Dabz
06-05-07, 05:25 PM
what sorta stuff do you need doing mate? welcome to WB by the way!

bubbafred
06-05-07, 05:55 PM
Hi i work in Warminster but live in Tidworth so if i acn help let me know and i will see what i can do

fred

Ladyridercymru
06-05-07, 06:00 PM
Hello Folks, I've got a 1992 Kawasaki Zephyr on the road and I am looking forward to getting a few miles in this summer (sorry all you hardened year round bikers, but I enjoy riding a lot more than cleaning so I only venture out when there is little chance of rain!). As we all know, bikers are a charitable lot, are there any of you that could spare a few hours a month (as little or as much as you can manage) to help a few Warminster residents that are wheelchair users? one of whom is as a result of a motorcycle accident (it could appen to any of us!!) Please let me know if you may be able to help and I will put you in touch with the co-ordinator. Cheers Ben.

What a wonderful idea!
Is Warminster far from Swindon? I am sure I could get a few people interested in helping out..

bikerben
07-05-07, 11:29 AM
Hello, thank you for your replies, a friendly face for a chat is very welcome by it's self, getting a social thing going would be great. Probably the most useful practical help would be things such as accompanying a wheelchair user on shopping trips to town or on public transport to nearby places, trips to the pub, or perhaps a little gardening or diy. but there would be no pressure to get involved in anything that you weren't keen on. Warminster is about 40 miles from Swindon, but closer to hand is Chippenham where I know volunteers would also be welcome. As it involves working with vulnerable adults a CRB check needs to be carried out. If at all possible please help & also pass on info to others you know who may be able to, as in Warminster in particular they are having problems recruiting new helpers. You can email me your contact details:- bikesarebest@gmail.com and I will pass them on. Many thanks.

Father_Ted
09-05-07, 12:09 AM
Hello ben, iv'e got the relevant crb and can supply references so if you still want some help let me know me mate.

Dave
09-05-07, 09:16 AM
I live 9 miles from Warminster, I'd love to receive further details of how I could be of assistance :)

T
09-05-07, 10:19 AM
Hi Ben........ I live in Chip so would be able to help out there if that is of use

Welcome to WB;)

FJ_Biker
12-05-07, 09:43 AM
Hello bikerben