PDA

View Full Version : Hi to All

PK
14-04-07, 09:34 PM
I am getting back into the bike mode that I have neglected for so long :-/ It's definitely time for two wheels again aand I have to admit to being very lucky with a girlfriend who does good research and figures everything out for us.....well one of us has to have the brains in the outfit ;) ;D Anyway am sitting the test to regain the all important bit of paper but this time I don't think I will do what it said on the four wheel version and "tear down the dotted line" but take it easy at least to start with... Anyway as our bike will initially be shared a compromise is required but thanks to all the folks for their advice and Hopefully we will get to meet and know you all before long. Cheers PK

furry-TLR
14-04-07, 10:05 PM
Hello & Welcome :)

PK
14-04-07, 11:35 PM
;) Well ty and as I said I am looking forward to meeting one and all

Dabz
15-04-07, 08:34 AM
welcome to WB :D good luck with the test!

Amante_271
15-04-07, 08:52 AM
Greetings! Any idea what the senior management has in mind for you both?? Honda Melody Deluxe? ;D

No seriously, good luck with the test and hope to meet up with you (both) at some stage. :)

T
15-04-07, 10:19 AM
Greetings! Any idea what the senior management has in mind for you both?? Honda Melody Deluxe? ;D

No seriously, good luck with the test and hope to meet up with you (both) at some stage. :)

Hi Amante............... figured the senior management should respond directly to a challenge like that!;) Personally, spent many years as a GSXR750 pillion, so have to admit to a soft spot for them, but dont think I quite have the cahonas for one straight out of my test. However, PK (more of a retro/custom guy himself) reliably informs me that, following some research of his own (leave him alone for 5 mins and he is off to a bike shop), he can get both feet on the ground on a ZZR600, so we may have found our compromise ;) Have also been considering the Fazer and the Bandit in the faired versions. Any advice? Even senior management is open to suggestion ;)

PK
15-04-07, 10:40 AM
Well its only fair since the Senior Management has done most of the research but I do my own by going into the shops and seeing what I can buy! Well what I can reach the ground on! Either that or I will be lopsided at lights etc!
Anyway we will get the all important paper then buy something as a comprimise and then sneak north and buy a cruiser / hog for me!!!!!

HC8
15-04-07, 08:09 PM
hello and welcome to wb

good luck with your test, keep us posted :)

FJ_Biker
15-04-07, 09:19 PM
Hello PK

T Wrote

Have also been considering the Fazer and the Bandit in the faired versions

Well Mrs FJ has a Bandit 600, she is shorter than T. You have got to go with your gut feeling on this both the Fazer and Bandit are brilliant bikes (imho)

The bike has been lowered, Seat cut down and mono shock moved down an inch as well as the yolks on the forks.

Bike manufactures are missing out by not giving the option of bikes with lower seat height.

The daft thing is Mrs FJ has more leg room on my FJ1200 than her 600cc bandit, I guess this is the case with a lot of bigger bikes to keep the centre of gravity low. :-/

PK
17-04-07, 08:20 AM
Some interesting bits of information there folks and ty for the help. I suspect that the Senior Management will decide once the all important bits of paper have been completed....fingers crossed! I know that there will be more than one bike by the end of summer but we feel that although the seats may be lower on the bigger bikes it would be prudent to stick with something around the 600 area initially. Well for the moment we can only drool and imagine but hopefully soon....

Amante_271
17-04-07, 03:44 PM
If it helps Ive posted about a CBR600F Hornet, owned by a woman I met yesterday at the LYSLEY who has had the seat lowered! Thought it might be of interest! She also has the standard seat availabe as well so you could personalise it to who ever was using it at the time!

Its in the FOR SALE section. hope this helps. :)

PK
27-04-07, 10:36 AM
OK Folks just to keep you all posted, I had my test this morning and have just passed so Lower Management can now legally go on the road! Woohoo! My thoughts are with the Senior Management as she is doing her hour before her test just now so fingers crossed :) Unfortunately I have to go back up the road today then back to work for another month so its going to be a long time thinking about bikes before I get back home again. Anyway T my thoughts are with you just now and Good Luck XX

HC8
27-04-07, 10:48 AM
Heyyy Well done and congratulations look forward to seeing pics of whatever bike you chose

PK
28-04-07, 08:48 AM
TY Harleychic.
Perhaps someone can answer this for me plz....I heard that you need insurance to test ride a bike from a dealer! If this is true is there any insurance company that would give you a blanket insurance so you can go and test ride a number of bikes before buying one? or do I get cover from the store for a test ride?
Also which is the best company to use?
Cheers for now folks

Dabz
30-04-07, 09:39 AM
yup that's true unfortunately! some policies let you ride any bike though

Amante_271
01-05-07, 03:15 PM
Just seen your post!

WELL DONE!!!

:) :) :)

Now its up to the Senior Management to keep up! (Not easy on a Honda Melody!!! LOL!!! ;D )

PK
04-05-07, 12:00 AM
TY for all the congrats and at least I can avoid the hassle offshore having passed but it still leaves me with a heap of guys giving me all sorts of advice on which bike to buy! Unfortunately I haven't had the time to select a bike but I was thinking along the lines of getting something from a reputable dealer so that I can test drive the bike first. I would imagine that the dealer such as Whites or such like would have an insurance policy for people such as myself. I guess I will pay more for the bike in the first instance but better safe than sorry and this seems to be the logical route to follow. Senior Management tentatively agreed with me on this one too! :)
Anyway for the time being I am floating around the sea following my usual agreement with my employer...... they pretend to pay me and I pretend to work!
Well folks I will be back in a month or so ready to buy a bike and meet up on a run somewhere but it sounds from my work schedule that I will miss out on some of the fun events over the summer :( Ach well I guess Senior Management will be there to represent us.
Happy days and safe riding folks
PK

PK
22-05-07, 04:06 PM
Umm nearly home :)) and still contemplating the shopping trip. hear from a few folks that the ZZR 600 is a very twitchy bike.....any truth to these comments? A CBR has been recommended a few times as has a Fazer! Again any comments welcome
Cheers :)