PDA

View Full Version : Hello Wiltshire

bobthecod
14-06-07, 10:05 PM
I have been living in Melksham now for nearly a year. Worked abroad for 19 years before that. (Originally from Staines, Middx)

My ride is a Fazer Thou, it gives me the chance to feel like a hooligan. [smiley=evil.gif]

At the weekends i can be seen out and about around the Melksham area instructing students taking their CBT's. Main job during the week is as a mechanic. Fixing real big heavy stuff.

Looking forward to meeting like minded "hooligans" and having a larf, and good rides out.

Ladyridercymru
14-06-07, 10:33 PM
Hiya Hooligan..
Welcome to WB!

FJ_Biker
15-06-07, 08:22 AM
Hello Bob

igbell
15-06-07, 09:04 AM
Yellow and good morning

Dabz
15-06-07, 10:23 AM
welcome to wiltshire bikers!

Silverrider
15-06-07, 06:29 PM
Hello and welcome. Good name. Explanation please? :)

bobthecod
15-06-07, 09:02 PM
Explanation to Bob the Cod, well, during exercises in the Army we have to camaflague our vehicles with these big "Cam Nets" I always got caught up in them which always gave me a sense of humour failure especially if it was pi***ng it down, anyway, I used to look like i just got trawled up from the sea bed. With my first name of Robert I was instantly re-named "Bob the Cod" plus i like a drinkie poos as well.

The shame of it.

Silverrider
15-06-07, 09:17 PM
Excellent stuff Bob ;D

T
16-06-07, 10:08 AM
lol! ;D Love the story behind the name........ conjours up such comical imagery! ;) ;D Welcome to WB Bob......... hopefully see you out and about sometime

CurlyGirl
17-06-07, 12:01 AM
*Chortle* Awwww Bob, fab story. Hi from me.

Cool... a bike instructor. Do you instruct other levels or just CBT? What did you have to do to become an instructor? Please excuse the Spanish inquisition!

schwee
17-06-07, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the site.

I used to do some instructing, but didn't have my cbt or das licence...i used to take people out for training on their 125's, excellent fun!

bobthecod
17-06-07, 09:31 PM

Cool... a bike instructor. Do you instruct other levels or just CBT? What did you have to do to become an instructor? Please excuse the Spanish inquisition!

I started getting "down trained" by my bro-in-law at the end of last year. He became Cardington Qualified last September. You first have to go to a bike school and ask to get "Down Trained" as an instructor. They will charge you to become "Down Trained" the going rate is between £600 and £800

Once you are good enough to do CBT's unaided then the bike school you instruct for applies to the DSA for a Instructors certificate for the individual concerned. From then on you train students to take their CBT's and issue them with the CBT Certificate. Once confident you then apply to do "Cardington" which by all accounts is 2 days off shear hell. Should be me in a couple of months. You then train to become a DAS instructor.

If others are interested i will post a ditty about the stages of instructor and how you go about becoming one. Done my training with Licence to Ride in Melksham. My bro-in-law and me have set it up, well i have helped him set it up.

Beenz
18-06-07, 11:42 PM
Welcome Bob, I used to be an instructor back in the 80's and 90's (till my bikes got stolen) looks like times have moved on since then. We used to have a Cardington bod turn up and continually assess all the instructors to maintain the standard of peeps who were approved for issueing CBT certificates (DL196 if I'm not mistaken). I guess with the changes that followed including DAS things are a lot more difficult now though.

ONFIRE
19-06-07, 10:32 AM
Welcome 8-)

furry-TLR
19-06-07, 04:08 PM
Enjoy :D

CurlyGirl
20-06-07, 02:13 AM

I started getting "down trained" by my bro-in-law at the end of last year. He became Cardington Qualified last September. You first have to go to a bike school and ask to get "Down Trained" as an instructor. They will charge you to become "Down Trained" the going rate is between £600 and £800

Once you are good enough to do CBT's unaided then the bike school you instruct for applies to the DSA for a Instructors certificate for the individual concerned. From then on you train students to take their CBT's and issue them with the CBT Certificate. Once confident you then apply to do "Cardington" which by all accounts is 2 days off shear hell. Should be me in a couple of months. You then train to become a DAS instructor.

If others are interested i will post a ditty about the stages of instructor and how you go about becoming one. Done my training with Licence to Ride in Melksham. My bro-in-law and me have set it up, well i have helped him set it up.

Thanks for the info, Bob. Yes, let us know more about it.... we'll be there with you so you can vent all you like to us as you go through it!