PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from swindon

chris_suie
08-09-07, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone,
Just got our new bike, an (old) vfr800 which we can both go out on, we had a cbr6 before which was a bit cramped for two. Don't get much spare time during the week so wondered if anyone is around sunday mornings for a ride out?

igbell
09-09-07, 08:17 PM
Well hello and welcome.

I live in Swindon and have a Red VFR800 1999 year. :)

One thing I would about them is watch for the Reg / rec going wrong. :(

Others than that I love mine to bits. :D

Dabz
09-09-07, 09:11 PM
welcome to WB!

chris_suie
10-09-07, 07:50 PM
Hi igbell,
Ours is a red one with silver front (50th anniversary one). I bought it off my dad as he's just got himself a shiny new blackbird. I think the regulator has been changed already but thanks for the reminder on that one. I'm well impressed with the bike so far,mostly I ride with pillion and the handling is great. Also brakes are far more responsive than those on the cbr6 I had.

HC8
10-09-07, 09:31 PM
Hiya

you do know . . . . . . absence makes a fart go honda ;D ;D ;D

but a big welcome and hope to put face to name one day

igbell
11-09-07, 11:50 AM
Hello Chris_Suie
I was after a anniversary one but they were as rare as rocking horse sh1t, so I just got a normal one, Bah Humbug.
I would say keep an eye on the Reg/Rec as I have had 3 in as many years, I have also put PC fans onto it so that it helps cool it down as this is one of the issues, not getting enough air to them, I know one guy that moved his to the front of the bike as well to help with coolness.

FJ_Biker
11-09-07, 01:31 PM
Hello chris_sui and welcome

amills
11-09-07, 03:17 PM
Re-introduced myself to biking after 20 odd years (not that the years were odd, although on reflection ......).
Stumped up wad of cash and bought myself a Honda VTX1300. Loads of bum space and room for two. Goes a treat too. Intention is to weekend tour / do a festival or two as well as the occasional daily 'ride-out' to nominated site of interest (that surprisingly includes local hostalries. Realise season is pretty much at an end, so long to kick-off in earnest next year.

bobthecod
11-09-07, 03:25 PM
Greetings to you Chris_suie and also to you to amills, nice friendly bunch here i have to say.