PDA

View Full Version : Geetings from Salisbury

Sharik
29-08-07, 11:34 AM
Hello, from an aging motorcyclist based in Salisbury who is currently wearing a rut into the A36 every day on board my FJR. Since our daughter was born a few years ago my wife used the opportunity to vacate the pillion seat and therefore I am finding touring/days out somewhat of a lonely chore. If anyone out there would appreciate company for a run or a tour further afield maybe we could meet up at some time.

HC8
29-08-07, 11:24 PM
hello and welcome 8-) need more salisbury bods as it gets lonely in south west wilts with the majority up in the north

igbell
30-08-07, 09:16 AM
Why hello there and welcome

Dabz
30-08-07, 09:26 AM
welcome to WB!

FJ_Biker
11-09-07, 01:27 PM
Hello Sharik, from an old skool FJ rider

pip1965
25-09-07, 04:25 PM
Another newbie like me. I run the A30 from Shaftesbury to Fovant then Coombe Bisset to Downton on a daily basis.
Mind you i work at night so the trip is car free most times
I spend alot of time Salisbury way and Friday's and Saturday's are my main 2 days off
Fancy a run......too right
http://www.ormerod.david.btinternet.co.uk/bike.htm

Dave

kband1250
29-09-07, 12:08 PM
Hi there know what you mean about that lonely feeling on rides out touring etc,my ex was a pillion then she passed her test and rode as well so i had the best of both worlds when we was together pillion and riding buddy so fully understand where you are coming from. So next time i am at aloose end and fancy a ride out i will be touch.

Sharik
30-09-07, 12:35 PM
That sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately we are probably only a month or so away from the roads being coated with salt. I hang my head in shame and say that is when the machine gets tucked up in the garage - I can not afford to have it rot away because of a few weeks winter riding.